Monday, June 22, 2009

Comments on Water............

My mind takes me to strange places at times. Yesterday my husband threw the hose into the pool to add water. I, of course grabbed the Nikon, to feed my addiction. As I looked at the pictures, I thought of the many uses for water. The following is where my mind traveled in thoughtland.



We use water to fill our pool in the back yard.

We drink water, sometimes from a well, most of the time from our faucet or now we drink from a bottle.
All of this made me think of John 4:10 Jesus answered the woman at the well, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

We wash Jake's tennis balls with water.
We take long walks by the water.

We stare in awe at the water and what it can do to the land we walk on.

We stand in awe of the water as the sun begins to sink into the horizon and the beauty from the light beams on the water.

We have fun in the water, recreation in and around and through the water, with friends and with pets.
Then I thought, how many times is the word water used in the Bible. It turns out it is 722 times, click on highlighted words for more info.
WOW! That means water is important. Not only do we have fun in the water and view the water, our bodies are mostly water and we NEED water to live. And if we want to Live Eternally with God, we NEED The Living Water, Jesus Christ.





No comments: