Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Secret Santa

In the next few days you might hear a lot about Christmas Movies. I love the ones that make me happy, sad and the story has a true meaning. A moral to the story.

It is no secret who these Santas are, meet Santa Jake and Santa Baby Girl.

Secret Santa is the story of a town that had a secret Santa, and each year on Christmas Eve someone with a special need, recieves that need. No one knows who the generous Santa is. No one wants to know. The story revolves around a female reporter that intends to tell the whole world who Secret Santa is. she is selfish and looking for The Story and cares nothing about what it will do to the people in the town.




The meaning of the movie is summed up by John Martin Carter, when he says

"A man is only as tall as the sum of his deeds"

To me it means we are to give of ourselves to others, and do it without caring about our selves but in caring and loving others. and to do it secretly, not bragging or showing off or tooting our own horns about how wonderful we are. Unselfish Love for others. Gift of The Magi is the O Henry story of total unselfish love. Read it by clicking on Gift of The Magi.


On this the first day of December, when we start the countdown to Christmas Day, when we celebrate the birth of Jesus, let us for the next 25 days find ways to show our love to others, WITHOUT spending Money!


Do not say, I will do to him just as he has done to me. Proverbs 24:29

And a man is valued by what others say of him. Proverbs 27:21

As in water face reflects face, So a man's heart reveals the man. Proverbs 27:19

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Another neat post, Sandra... We do need to find 'alternative' things to do during this blessed season rather than just spending money. When my 3 sons were little, My 'ex' and I spend WAY too much money at Christmas... I knew this was wrong --but got caught up in the hype. I became a real scrooge, because I knew something was wrong...

NOW---I love Christmas --and try to remember the true meaning without spending lots of money. There are so many things we can do for others that mean much more and don't cost much..

Great post which we all need to read ALL month.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great post! The Secret Santa is a book, not a movie? I have not heard of it, but it sounds real good. Did the reporter's heart soften? I love your dog christmas picture!! One dog is looking like "I can't believe this; how dare you??" I think all bloggers should show their trees, wouldn't it be cool if we all did it on the same day?

Catherine said...

Your 4-legged family members are adorable! Great blog.

Unknown said...

I can see your house is all decorated for the Great Event "The coming of the Christ child".
Your blog is great.

MadSnapper said...

snapper, these pictures were taken on my black friday walkabout in the Rusty Cricket.

SquirrelQueen said...

I love the photos Sandra, it's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I'm not sure if I have seen or read Secret Santa but it really sounds familiar. The Gift of the Magi has been one of my favorite O'Henry stories since high school. It should be required reading.

We have been cutting back for the last few years and even more this year. That is a good idea, I will be looking for gift ideas that cost nothing.
Judy
PS, love the dogs.