Thursday, February 18, 2010

Photography AGAIN

Yesterday, Ginny said she liked the shadows more than the green vines in the header photo. I thought today I would share how different the same photo can become just by simply moving the camera to the side or up and down and/or by moving myself from place to place. 


Photograph: a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art. ~Ambrose Bierce

You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it. ~Author Unknown



When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. ~Ansel Adams

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.



- Salma Hayek



A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.- Johann Wolfgang Goethe, from "Faust"


What worth has beauty if it is not seen?

- Italian Proverb

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Girl you have a silver tongue, and a magic camera. I love shadows and silhouettes.

Anonymous said...

Intriguing patterns and shadows. :o)

Dawning Inspiration said...

How true - move an inch or two this way or that - or a foot - and see what you get! Great quotes too! Love them!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lovely shadow photos. All the quotes are very good, but I love the one about not changing our subjects, but them changing us.

DawnTreader said...

Love your experiments here. And the digital camera is really a blessing, isn't it - allowing us to take lots and lots of photos to compare!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wonderful, Sandra. AND--we (the beholders) see all different kinds of beauty in all photos. I am a visual person --and love seeing COLORS.. I am drawn first to the vines --and then to the shadows... Some people see it the other way around. Interesting, huh???
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed looking through your wonderful photos. Your shadow study is very interesting. Thanks for visiting my site.

SquirrelQueen said...

The shadows are all beautiful, I'm like Ginny in that the shadows are sometimes my favorites.

I love the quotes, especially Ansel Adams who is my favorite photographer.