Friday, February 26, 2010

Pieces of the Train

All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget. In this - as in other ways - they are the opposite of paintings. Paintings record what the painter remembers. Because each one of us forgets different things, a photo more than a painting may change its meaning according to who is looking at it. ~John Berger













I had a staggering good walk between the cars while the train was moving.

Laughter is Good for the Soul

I certainly had fun with all the answers from yesterdays post as to what we see that would not be there in 1886.
THE ANSWERS: cars, trucks, light poles, power lines, plastic trashcan, porta potti, trash truck, folding chairs, girl in Pink dress (not period)flip flops (i missed the flip flops and the sunglasses on the outlaw) folding bench and 3 people not in period dress in the TP photo. thanks for your answers


I got this in my email today and IF YOU LIKE ADORABLE Click on This Link


8 comments:

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

Love all the train pictures, and your header is really great.
The video is so cute, it really made me smile.
Have a good weekend.
Sunny :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and quotation. I'll check out that link now :o)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I misssed out on the puzzle questions yesterday.... pictures are great. Train pictures are great... the picture through the cars, makes me feel the train jogging back and forth.
Carole

Ginny Hartzler said...

I did pretty good. Got everyhing except the power lines and poles and the flip flops! I think we take power lines so much for granted that we don't even see them anymore. EXCEPT when they are right in the way of a perfect shot, which happens to me often! I think my favorite picture is the long, narrow look down all the cars. It's unusual and very good! I also do so like the red shirted outlaw holding the money bag on your sidebar!

Tipper said...

More wonderful photos!! Love the quote at the beginning of the post too.

I enjoyed the 2 posts about the outlaw-gunfighters. Reminds me of Ghost Town and it's shoot outs : )

Anonymous said...

I have a Sunshine Award for you at my blog today Sandra :o)

SquirrelQueen said...

I am fascinated by these old trains. I love to see them restored and in use.

The video is adorable, the way he plays that guitar he could be the next Angus Young!