As you will see from the photos today, in the South we need to be told the Obvious .
Never “do” anything…Always be “fixin’ to” do something
Remember y’all is singular. All y’all is plural
Have been known to say "Hey, y'all watch this!"
If your mother said "Save all manner of bacon grease. If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating"
1. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
2. Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits; for this is blasphemy.
3. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Grits.
4. Thou shalt only use Salt, Butter and Cheese as toppings for thy Grits.
5. Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits.
6. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
7. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
8. Thou shalt not call grits IT, grits are them, plural.
9. Thou shalt not put sugar on thy Grits either.
10. Thou shalt not put sugar or syrup on thy Grits
I LOVE GRITS, how many of you eat grits? or even ever heard of them?
Blind Pig and The Acorn for more info on Applachia. Thanks Tipper
Also see my archive post from Sept 09, Sweet memories