Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday......

Palm Sunday is the day we remember the "triumphal entry" of Jesus into Jerusalem, exactly one week before His resurrection
 This event took place on the Sunday before Jesus' crucifixion.
In remembrance of this event, we celebrate Palm Sunday

Matthew 21:
4All this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5"Tell ye the daughter of Zion, `Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek and sitting upon an ass, and a colt, the foal of an ass.'"
6And the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them.
7And they brought the ass and the colt and put on them their clothes, and they set Him thereon.

8And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; and others cut down branches from the trees and strewed them in the way.
9And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried out, saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful, fitting blog today.

George said...

Thank you for a wonderful Psalm Sunday post. Your pictures are beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful! When the blog finally loaded, it about took my breath away with that palm header. I see you've done something to it, and it's so intreguing and cool. I love every part of this. Of course the Bible verses, and the first picture with the reflection, but the way you posted the other palms is so artistic, these should be framed on a wall somewhere. Of course, we don't have any palms around here.

MedaM said...

Wonderful palm photos! I love them all especially the first one with reflection.

DawnTreader said...

Love your palm pictures. And as always you're so good with the layout, in how you put the photos together.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I had forgotten it was Palm Sunday today. I've been too preoccupied with remembering the "summer time" change! Anyway thanks for the reminder.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Love your header and that first palm tree picture especially! Mom told me yesterday that Easter was next Sunday - but I forgot that today was Palm Sunday. I'm going to church tonight and can't wait! Great post.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Reflection on this Holy Season. Great photos too.

Madeline said...

Beautiful blog and so appropriate for this day. The pics are gorgerous. I still love the one in 3 parts. I still want to frame it. Keep up the beautiful blogging.....

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Palm Sunday to you, Sandra. Yours is only the 2nd post I have read today talking about Palm Sunday. It's such a special day in our churches. We carried Palms today --and read the Passion Story. SO special.

Love your palm pictures. Terrific!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

A very beautiful Palm Sunday post Sandra. I love the palm tree photos, the one with the reflection excellent. But it is the group of tree with the seemingly connected trunks that just blew me away, great work.

The robin in my photo caught a large moth. He sat on the wire for a long time puffing out his chest and showing off his capture. He didn't seem to be upset by how close I was, I think he enjoyed the attention.

Tipper said...

A wonderful lovely post for this blessed time of the year!