The second house on the Gamble Plantation was built by Dudley A Patten in 1872.
In 1872, Major George Patten bought the property for delinquent taxes of $3,000 and since the mansion was in disrepair from the war, he built this house for his family. Unable to maintain the mansion, the land was subdivided and sold.
In 1925, the United Daughters of the Confederacy purchased the property and deeded it to the State of Florida. Gamble Mansion and Patten House have been restored to the appearance of their respective years.
mystery photo for today is below.
Who can guess what this is?