Friday, May 11, 2012

Monarch Magic


In the past couple of weeks, our yard has burst into blooms and the butterflies are here.


If you enlarge above photo you can see the accidental photo of a spider web. Found when I opened in the computer.


Part 3 of continued story of my life with dogs....Part One  and part Two

At 6 months old, Blacky and Browny, ugly mutts as they were,  proceeded to terrorize the houses on our street by ripping to shreds any blankets, sheets, pillow cases on lines and any paper found where they could reach it. One fine day  Mrs. Cassidy Placed her four feather pillows on her porch railing to air out. A gazillion feathers later, B and B were in big trouble. So was I.
A few weeks after The Episode,  we left for  Savannah for a few days and left the dogs to be fed by Mrs. Cassidy.
When we returned she said she did not know what happened, but they disappeared and no one could find them.




I believe to this day Daddy left instructions for those dogs to be GONE when we got back. What do you think?

23 comments:

Declan said...

Great photos. Shame about the mutts! Deccy x

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Great photos - beautiful colors on those butterflies. I love your header photo :-)
Have a great day! It's Friday at last...

Eva

S. Etole said...

What beautiful photos.

SquirrelQueen said...

The Monarch butterflies are gorgeous!

I think you are probably right. When I was about four or five I had a dog named Snowball, a white Shepard mix. It was devoted to me and would growl if my parents raised their voice to me. One day my dad told me my dog had run away. I think the same thing happened to it that happened to B and B.

RoeH said...

Yup. That was what happened. My dad hated cats and "took care of the situation" many times. In the end, it was a cat named Clifford who sat on his lap and comforted him. Ironic, isn't it.

Remington said...

Oh dear....what happened to them....I don't think we want to know.... LOVE the pics! They belong in a magazine! Do you ever submit any of them? You should!

Suburban Girl said...

A spider web and a butterfly in one photo. That's a catch!

From the Kitchen said...

I think the dogs' disappearance was a neighborhood conspiracy!

Love the photos and the spider web is amazing.

Best,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

I love the flowers and butterflies.

Sorry about the wild bunch.

penny said...

You captured the beauty of the Monarch butterflies and flowers beautifully, Sandra.
cheers

Catherine said...

Beautiful! I love butterfly season! There just never seems to be enough of them though.

Wishing you a terrific Friday my friend!
xo Catherine

Amy Burzese said...

Love the butterflies, and sounds like Dad put a contract out on the dogs.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I do not know what the mutts will do?? I love the gorgeous flowers with the butterfly.
Surprising when the camera captures a spider web

troutbirder said...

Gorgeous pics. Butterflys and flowers a good combination...:)

TexWisGirl said...

oh dear. i'd imagine that was the case.

Nava said...

Beautiful color in the photos--

Rose said...

Beautiful shots of butterflies...I still have not put anything out for them. I need to do that today...

I don't know what to think about the dogs. Sounds like someone wanted rid of them.

Unknown said...

I think it is entirely possible. How old were you then? MC

Susannah said...

Great mystery about the dogs.....but I bet you are right!

Gorgeous photos! They should be "out there" for the world to see.

Ann said...

the monarchs are gorgeous and very cool capture of the spider web.

The dogs disappearance sounds a bit suspicious so I would say that you are probably right

Deb said...

your butterflies are so pretty....

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous pictures. One has to love the Monarch Butterfly.

Debra Dickinson said...

The butterfly pics are some of my favorites so far. Wow! Love the B&B stories too, but I don't like that they disappeared. That breaks my heart. I hope as I catch up on your blog that it has a happy ending. It's good to be back! HugZ!