Jake came out of the jungle with this odd looking stick in his mouth. It was covered in berries the size of blue berries and he was stripping them off with his teeth.
Warning if you have these trees, the leaves, pods, flowers and sticks are poison to Pets per the
For info click on link below
Baby wandered over and started to eat the berries he stripped off. there were a ton of them, I threw a shovel of dirt over the ones on the ground, took the stick and ran for Google..
The pods, the flowers, berries and all parts of it can be deadly to dogs.. I ran back outside and there was Baby, digging through the dirt eating them like candy. I got them all in the trash but later in the day she started flapping her ears severely, and acting strange...
at first we thought she had something in her ears and cleaned them out. It got worse.. Per the info on PetPoison site, that was caused by the berries.. Lucky for us, she had no foaming mouth or seizures and was better the next day.
we think that is because she passed them through that next morning because she did not chew but swallowed them whole.
Below is the flower blooming at tip top of tree and a squirrel eating the flowers before they turn to berries.
and no it did not harm the squirrels