Sunday, January 4, 2015

Rainbow Promises


Dec. 30, 2014, we stood in our backyard watching the sun come up behind the trees. the first photo is to the East, where the sun was lifting.. I turned to admire the west side and there it was.

Click Photo for details

A rainbow, a beautiful rainbow, at sunrise... I have never seen one like it, the other colors are there, they just don't show in the photo. but we could see them with our eyes.  Promises of good things to come.

Have you ever seen a rainbow at sunrise?

Have you ever seen a sunrise? I know several people who have not.


Genesis 9:16King James Version (KJV)

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.


Saturday AM I accidentally clicked on the Feedly check mark and marked ALL blogs READ... If I missed you, you can see how sorry I am... I used Dashboard and Blogloving but am sure I missed someone.
ALERT! I just found out that our browsers have a list of ALL saved passwords that can be accessed if we forget one. This means anyone with access to your computer can see your passwords... If you allow a geek access by remote to help you, they can grab your passwords and so can the geeks where we drop it off.
This means do not SAVE your password to your bank or anywhere you shop that allows you to use your credit card info that is  saved there. think Amazon.
If you want instructions on how to view yours and delete them, email me.

My friend allowed a repair person in by remote access and he stole her Email password and FB and locked her out. she had to start a new email and a new FB. She lost all her email addresses and all her friends on FB and had to start over.

24 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

That surely was a magnificent sunrise. I have never seen a rainbow at that time before.

Jo said...

This is surreal, Sandra. On Friday 2 January, Grant drove out of the yard as the sun was rising. He phoned me a few minutes later and said Go outside and check the rainbow! Mine was on the west side of our house. But I managed to photograph it! I'll do a post on Friday (Skywatch Friday) next week. Thanks for sharing yours. Jo

Ann said...

That is so cool. I've never seen a sunrise rainbow. Most of the time I don't even see the sunrise.
Don't feel bad about clicking on the marked all read. I've done it more than once.

eileeninmd said...

Sandra, what a lovely sunrise and a beautiful rainbow..Lovely colors.. I am usually always up for the sunrise.. Sometimes my feed does not update although I refresh all the time. I am afraid I miss some blog posts too.

Enjoy your Sunday and have a happy week ahead!

Mersad said...

Magnificent skies. You didn't miss any of my posts, although I do have a new one today.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

EG CameraGirl said...

The first shot is lovely but I'm glad you turned around to see the second one!!

RoeH said...

Sunrises and sunsets are worth the day to live and see them.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I've never seen a sunrise rainbow!

From the Kitchen said...

I see almost every sunrise but have never seen a rainbow at that time. The sun is hiding this morning but it is light enough to see the snow that came during the night.

Best,
Bonnie

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love your header shot ... i have not set down at my own desk in years. it is pretty clean. i guess i could get rid of some clutter ... but i guess i would rather be some where else. funny how that works.

love the shots above. so pretty. i'm not sure i have ever seen a rainbow at sunrise? usually later in the day. so lovely. i am glad you shared with your bloggy buddies. ( :

My Mind's Eye said...

MS WHAT ABSOLUELY GORGEOUS SHOTS,
My mom needs to get up earlier maybe she could see pretties like this.
It makes me so mad about the password access hugs MADI and mom

TexWisGirl said...

the rainbow at sunrise is awesome! can't say i've ever seen that timing before. :)

as for passwords, yikes... i have my google pw saved and a couple of other sites, but don't save my bank card or bank acct ones to my laptop.

Ginny Hartzler said...

YES, I see it well!!!! Amazing, I have never seen one before! I immediately Goodgled "rainbows at sunrise" but got nowhere. I even found an explanation of why there can be no rainbows at sunrise or sunset. I'm so glad your camera was nearby (they don't call you The Madsnapper for nothing) Thanks for the show!

Kathy said...

Photo surprises are such joys!

Linette said...

Gorgeous captures my friend! =0)

photowannabe said...

Sunrise and me are not the best of friends though they certainly are beautiful. Nope never saw a rainbow at sunrise before. Great capture.

Marie said...

so pretty! I've never seen a rainbow at sunrise.

DawnTreader said...

Beautiful photos. As for the security thing, I think it's getting next to impossible these days to keep fully protected... One should probably clear one's settings and change passwords more often though.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful sunrise and rainbow. I have 1Password and save my passwords there. Good luck to anyone who can figure out the password to get into that app.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful, I love rainbows....

Susannah said...

Great photos, Sandra! Rainbows are so fascinating. My granddaughter used to call me up every time she would see a rainbow and then I would go out back here and....sure enough...we were seeing the same rainbow. My crazy memory ........

Chatty Crone said...

Yes send it to me - i have saved some passwords!

I see the colors in that rainbow - very unusual time of night.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a few sunrises, but they never included a rainbow. I've never liked the idea of allowing someone remote access to my computer. Just the thought creeps me out!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Thanks to you, I have now seen a rainbow at sunrise! Hackers can do so much damage!!!!...:)JP