Monday, April 27, 2015

Tingles anyone?

Link to Hair brushing

UPDATE! I have to mute the sound or it doesn't work. the whisper makes me crazy

At age 8, I discovered it made my scalp tingle when my four year old brother smoothed the pages of the hymnal to entertain himself during church. 
And that when the little girl smoothed her mothers hair in the seat in front of me I got that same tingle.

I also noticed the same tingle on scalp/arms when watching the hair dresser brush someones hair.

This was my deep dark secret because I thought there was something wrong with me..


Link to Towel folding 

I had no idea others felt this or that this has a name, ASMR.
See below for definition  

I stumbled on the Hair video by accident and there are hundreds of these videos. my favorite is the HAIR BRUSHING at the top of this post. I am not the only one to feel this since  it has been viewed almost 2 million times

Some of the videos have been viewed over 3 million times.

Have you ever heard of this? Does any thing give you tingles and relax you?

Search YouTube for ASMR and let me know if anything gives you tingles. Try the Hair link above, for a few seconds and let me know if you tingle.  If you do watch one, I find I like it better on mute..



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting; I had not heard of this. I did not feel the scalp tingling when watching videos.

eileeninmd said...

I have not heard of ASMR until now.. I did not feel anything while watching the hair video.. It is amazing they had over 2 million viewings.. That is neat.. Happy Monday!

Deb said...

I always learn something new from you Samdra!

Suburban Girl said...

I love a gentle head rub but can't say it has ever given me tingles. Interesting.

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL NOW WE HAVE THE ANSWER TO WHY MS MAD!! TOO FUNNY...
MOM HAS A DEEP DARK TINGLE SECRET TOO..WHEN SHE IS CHANGING SHEETS, OR TABLECLOTHS AND SHAKES HIGH UP TO UNFOLD THEM IT GIVES HER TUMMY A TINGLE.
HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

Cranberry Morning said...

That is such an interesting phenomenon..but no, I can't think of anything that elicits that response in me. Fascinating!

Linda P said...

This is new to me. At least you know that you're not alone in experiencing these tingles. I do get mild electric shocks when closing the car door etc., but nothing like situations you describe that make your head tingle, which is a different phenomenon. The brain and the way it affects the mind and body is wonderful and complex.

Gail said...

I have tingled in the past but not from hair brushing or towels.

Interesting.

Ann said...

This is the first time I've ever heard of this. I'm tingle free :)

Anonymous said...

Neard of this.

From the Kitchen said...

All I can think of is fingernails across chalk boards.

Best,
Bonnie

TexWisGirl said...

no reaction from me on hair or towels. however, i have heard of this - actually saw an interview of a woman who makes these videos and posts them online. i think it's neat.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've never heard of it before and those things do not make me tingle.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have not heard of this. But it is good that now you know. The hair video, I would think it would build up so much static in that woman!!

DeniseinVA said...

Never heard of this one before. I wish I could say I felt a tingle but nope, not one, bummer!

Marie said...

I get tingles when someone brushes my hair. I could sit for hours getting my hair brushed, so relaxing!

Linda said...

I love to have my hair brushed!! I also have a head wire thingy that relaxes me when I have a headache.

You are always a wealth of information and such a fun person! We never know what we'll find when we visit you!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

When I saw your blog title I thought you were gonna talk about a presidential candidate! lol! I'll have to come back when it's not so late and look at the video. Very interesting!

EG CameraGirl said...

New to me, Sandra. I'm jealous!

Kathy said...

I loved the varied comments this elicited from your blogger friends. Can't say I've ever experienced this sensation. If you could market it and put it in a bottle, you'd be a billionaire.