Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My New Super Hero...



Good bye old friends, I will not miss you

In the past few years I have developed a Scent Allergy, perfumes, after shave, candles, fabric softeners and anything with a heavy scent and I am choking and coughing.

All the cleaning supplies I used for years, now choke me to the point I can't work with them. Above are just a few that I can no longer use. I have tried Green, Not green, expensive and cheap, it all makes me choke.

and anything with chlorine in it could be deadly. You could murder me by closing me in a small room with a bottle of Clorox with the lid off.

When Bob adds chlorine to the pool, I have to come in the house and wait a couple of hours before I can swim...


Last week I found the below video on FaceBook and Voila.. 

MEET MY NEW SUPER HERO.... Hulk -Hydrogen Peroxide. Who knew a common bottle of peroxide could do all this... I keep it to pour on cuts and scrapes.

NO SCENT and it cleans like a dream, I put full strength in a spray bottle and cleaned glass tables, glass oven doors, counter tops, bathroom tiles and tubs and showers, toasters and kitchen sinks.. and they all sparkled. No harm to me or to the environment....

25 year old stainless steel sink and drainer

It did sting when it got in my cuts on my fingers that I did not know were there, but that is a small price to pay. PLUS I paid 1.00 at Dollar General for 32 oz bottle... Cheap and Strong.. woo hooo.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. I will try this. I can't stand strong smells either.

Mersad said...

This is wonderful! Unfortunately I'm sure we can't buy it here.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, I have allergies to scents too and can't even walk through the soaps isle in the grocery store. I can handle bleach though. I will have to check out this Hulk Stuff!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra, I have developed the same allergies to scents over the years. I wonder why all of sudden these smells are so gross. Thanks for the tip on the Peroxide. I have known that Peroxide and baking soda on a toothbrush is great for your gums..Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

I keep multiple bottles of hydrogen peroxide here. Rite Aide and $ store have get deals as you said.
I cannot tolerate strong orders either!!
Hugs Cecilia

Kathy said...

I'll have to pass this on to an aunt who has chemical and perfume allergies. Like vinegar, hydrogen peroxide has lots of uses I'm learning. But be careful. I guess high concentrations are used to make bombs!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh I have the same problem - I found a Lysol now with peroxide that I love - this is even better and cheaper - thanks.

Cranberry Morning said...

Great idea. I'll check our dollar store to get that fantastic price!

Gail said...

We all need a hero.

Jo said...

Thanks, Sandra. I'm going to give this a try. I'll have to convince my houselady Erica to try it too. She's far too used to the perfumed bleaches and cream scourers.

TexWisGirl said...

i've used it to clean my bathroom sink before. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks for the reminder. I try to use natural but for the tough stuff I have used stronger products which really bother my lungs. Going to get a fresh bottle at Target today! Good way to clean out those little cuts too.....

Marie said...

my uncle has always used it. I keep forgetting, but now I will use it for a lot of cleaning. I have the same issues with smells now, but mostly like strong food or chemicals. I really like the kitchen in this video. I love the windows!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is very interesting.I am not allergic to anything,but it would still be worth a try.

Ann Thompson said...

I have the same problem with some cleaning products and perfumes. So far the cleaners I use don't bother me but I'll keep this in mind. My favorite part is it's cheap...lol

Linda P said...

I have an allergy to strong chemical smells too. I don't like going to the hairdresser's salon or sitting in an enclosed public space because of it. I would try and sniff before I buy, but that's not always practical. I'm glad you found a solution to your problem.

Rose said...

I had no idea you could do all that with peroxide...I am glad you found something you could use. And sure hope I never develop an allergy like this.

EG CameraGirl said...

Thanks for the tip, Sandra. I use a lot of vinegar but it nice to know hydrogen peroxide is also good!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I keep seeing this- and I've been wanting to try. I'm glad you found something that doesn't bother you so much. I have a problem with strong perfumes and it seems to be getting worse. The more expensive the more the worse the headache.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is amazing, Sandra, that this product as well as vinegar can be used to solve so many houshold cleaning chores. While I don't have sensitivities to many cleaning products, I have trying to cut down on the expense and having too manybchemicals around. Bleach is also another useful product, but does require caution and use in a well bentilated area...not to mention care in not getting it on your clothes😕