Friday, March 18, 2016

Salty ofd seadog?


Our YMCA pool is closed for repairs, this means each morning at 5 am, the Salty Old Seadog and I walk in our neighborhood IN THE DARK. I carry a big heavy cane, he carries an ax handle. This is for safety from 4 or 2 legged animals.

The past 3 days we have had heavy sea fog and as we walked along I said

"this is the kind of fog the Headless Horsman comes riding out of" 
 his answer...
"and we can't even hit him in the head"

Brahahaha.... get it?         it took me about 30 seconds to start laughing. How long did it take you?


Rose asked me if my Nikon has a view finder. I said yes, but I can't get it to work. Then I thought, if they put it there is should work. I needed a subject to see if I could zoom and use the view finder. I DID and here is proof.  When I showed him the photo's he said  "I look mean"   I said you always do that because you hate me taking your photo. you are photogenic and if you smiled we could blow up Blogland with my photos.
No he is NOT sunburned. he gets red in the sun but an hour later it is gone...He loves water, all water, rivers, oceans, gulf and pool. with fish or no fish...

Salty old seadog? Bob in the pool....

17 comments:

diane b said...

he sure has a face flu of character. Love his white hair and beard.

TexWisGirl said...

he's your cute salty sea dog. :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! If we walked on our street, we would need to carry protection too! Hope your Y re=opens soon.

p.s. I talked with a lady yesterday who owns a micro teacup poodle...only weighs OUNCES!!! I cannot imagine owning something so delicate!

eileeninmd said...

Good monring, Sandra! I like your headless horseman joke. Bob does look a little serious on that photo, next he might crack a smile. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Gail said...

The perfect match!

Great photos. Quick thinking on the joke, Bob.

My Mind's Eye said...

MS you creativity and observations continue to amaze me. I truly believe you could write a story about dripping water. MOL MOL MOL
Years ago there was a couple in our Sunday school class. They at twin daughters about 3 years older than our daughter. The fall the started school someone in our Sunday school class asked the mother what she was doing now the the girls were in school....her reply still makes me LOL, she said, "I'm listening to her dishes drain"!!
Hugs Cecilia

DeniseinVA said...

Your salty old sea dog looks very handsome and distinguished. Yes I got the 'can't hit him in the head' joke straight away and I laughed out loud. Thank you for that chuckle.

Montanagirl said...

Great pics!

Hootin Anni said...

VERY photogenic your sea dog is!!

Maybe no head, but perhaps with the fog, he's gonna grow flippers? Then, in those you can do a FLIP FLOP. Oh dear.........very poor excuse for humor today.

I'm leavin' now. No need to embarrass myself any further. But, then on the 'flip side'....no, no I'm not gonna go there.

crafty cat corner said...

omg he does look mean, lets see one of him smiling.
Briony
x

Ann said...

these are great pictures but where's the one with the smile?

Rose said...

I think they are good...I don't think he looks mean...maybe a bit gruff. And believe it or not, I got it instantly about the Headless horseman.

Cloudia said...

I feel safer with you two about!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I am so glad you two are out and about getting exercise. Mark and I have both gotten garmins and now we challenge each other every day to get more steps. It's working...Mark is a fierce competitor.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So you have a view finder, that is awesome. My point and shoot doesn't have one and sometimes in the bright light you can't always see what's on the screen. That's what I like about my Canon Rebel but it is just too big to carry around. Mark never smiles in photo's either.

Mevely317 said...

Great photos! (For a change, I'm partial to the color one.)
I agree, your hub's face has so much to say ... he could become an actor!

PS - But I had to chuckle at his 'looking mean' comment. My own hubby scowls regularly then claims, "I AM smiling!" Men!

Anonymous said...

Bob is photogenic! Look out Blogland! Glad you figured out your viewfinder.