Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Let me entertain you Part Two


Blazing Florida Sun Flat Tire
I was so upset when we got a flat;
I went on a tire aid.
For The Auto Body experience,
we took the car to A tire salesman, aka a cardealogist.
We had to be careful,
because if you give an engine, they take a mile.

In Previous Post I told we had a flat tire and I had to use the SMART phone for the first time. YES! I am the only old lady in the USA that doesn't use a phone and only has one for emergency use.

I had never made a call on it, when I opened it I found 179 email addresses in my contacts, not the 20 phone numbers I had programed in it. (ANOTHER POST coming soon on that)

. It took 3 tries to make the call because I hit the wrong one first, then found I had programed the wrong number under AARP Roadside Assistance.

it. took long moments to find the speaker thingy because I could not hear the Road Guy

He said 40 minutes,  give me your number and the repair guy will call you with a better estimate
.
OMG! what is the number? WHAT is the number..LONG moments trying to remember it. Gave it to him and
we waited and I poked for five minutes to find if I gave him the right one. I did find it hidden in the phone and it was right because then
it rang and I tapped the phone thingy and it did not answer.
(who knew you have to SWIPE not Tap to answer?)

Am I smarter than a smart phone? Absolutely NOT...

I used to have a photographic memory but I never developed it.

Anybody who makes fun of my tire tale has been driven to diss traction.






13 comments:

Linda said...

I read this out loud to Louis Dean as we are sitting out in the gazebo before going to bed. It's in the middle of the night for you guys!!! We laughed and enjoyed this post so much! Sorry for your flat tire but it gave you a lot of blog fodder!!!!

Ann said...

The first time I tried to answer a call on the phone I have now I ended up missing the call. I kept poking instead of swiping. I guess it just takes those of us who grew up with rotary phones a little longer to catch on.
The contact thing drives me nuts since it puts in all your facebook and email contacts automatically

Ohmydearests said...

Too funny!

TexWisGirl said...

haha. i remember trying to answer a call on my first smart phone - the swipe got me, too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you do have me laughing out loud. Love the puns, so cute. The phones now a days are pretty smart.

Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra!:) Oh what a shame you had a flat, so not funny, but the rest of your post is hilarious!:)))

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You have made what was a bad time funny to read about.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm reminded of NCIS [and Gibbs] with his computer woes and Magee trying to help him out...reprogramming it...and Gibbs so frustrated. At the end of the program, Gibbs is fed up with it all and Magee says to him..."Don't shoot!"

I laugh and laugh at that all the time. So guess I'm driven to diss traction.

This sounds just like Bud. He too is not technically savvy. What a hoot. [at your expense]

Looking forward to the contacts/emails post....

Anonymous said...

My goodness. Getting older is for the birds. Ours we swipe. I was taping.

I hate being so stupid. Who phones home. So I have same thing. Number please.

Then panic starts in. My number really. My stupid answer.

Your not alone.

Now my Grand-kids want me to text them. My goodness the letters are so small. Why cant everyone just be normal. If there is anything now a days Normal.

DeniseinVA said...

So funny! I remember hubs getting me a new phone years ago. I wasn't there because he said he would do it on the way from work. I not only had my contacts but somehow had downloaded all his, plus work - all 500 of them. Took me forever to sort that one out :)

Gail said...

I don't have a phone so I'm up a creek.

Mevely317 said...

How funny! (Frustrating, for sure ... but hahahahaha all the same.)

I wonder who's the 'brain surgeon' is that decided to eliminate the little instruction manual with new devices? Both DH and my phones and our Fire tablets came sans any instructions ... and we're total technophobes!
(Come to think of it, I'm not sure WHERE I'd go to find my own number, lol!)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I love the way you turn the most frustrating of times into pun fun!!