Saturday, August 26, 2017

MIA


I have been MIA for two days from posting/commenting. Killer Sinus Infection sent me to the room above at the walk in clinic to get miracle drugs, antibiotics and Sudafed. For 2 days I used 2 whole rolls of toilet tissue on my nose, could not eat or sleep, headaches, sore throats .

I usually work well under pressure but NOT Sinus Pressure..

I have a question. Why does it take five minutes to get my name called, five minutes for the nurse to take my vitals and ask questions, 5 minutes for Doc to say what it is and FOURTEEN minutes for her to come back with the prescriptions.

Doc says, I will write Antibiotic and Sudafed, she will be right back with your prescriptions. Do they know how bad I felt? even though in the selfie I am smiling, that was because I felt foolish sitting there playing with my phone. it was either do that or start screaming out the door.  WHERE ARE YOU? Do they know how long 14 minutes is when nose if like a faucet, heads is like the bells in a cathedral, throat on fire? I was on the point of screaming I WANT TO GO HOME...when the door opened.
Remember the days when the doc stood in front of you and scribbled on a pad and handed it to you and you left.
But Wait, there is more. Dragging my body into Publix pharmacy, I push the scripts to the lady and say I will wait on these. She says it will be 3 pm before they are ready. That was 36 minutes. She says, wait let me see if I have the Sudafed? Really? she hunts and hunts, calls the Pharmacist and he shows it to her, she lays in on the counter, and says got it. While all this is going on, I am coughing and blowing my nose.
I walk to the chair where I can see both of them, direct sight line, Pharmacist is eating his lunch at the counter. She is fiddling around in computer, There is NOT ONE PERSON but me sitting there.
I have to admit, each time I coughed I made it louder, I blew my nose really loudly, instead of gently, I hacked and sneezed and stared.... 12 minutes later I was out the door.... He got sick of eating while I was making all my noise and grabbed a Box and slapped a label on it. Total time to fill both was 30 seconds....
cartoon by Centofante and I am Pro-Anti Biotcs, they worked fast, my drugs, not the cartoon HE HE HE




21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow. A lot to go through, and miserable waiting, but you are BACK! I am so glad you are better, I have been praying for you. I just re-posted a comment of mine on Facebook today, and I know you will relate. Why do sick people have to walk all the way to the back of the pharmacy to get their medicine, while healthy people can buy cigarettes and candy by the front door? It is the opposite of how it should be.

Ann said...

Waiting is always hard but waiting when you don't feel well is miserable. Good job on making them move faster with your coughing. Hope you're feeling better

Pam said...

HAHA.....I have no clue why it takes them so long to come back with the script! I went yesterday to see the Gastro Doc.....time for the hosing that comes after that terrible prep! Apt was at 2:30, Doc came in at 3:15. I got out at 4. CRAZY. I need to make a sign that says "crazy cat lives here"!!! Hoping you are feeling better. Ragweed is in the air bad. One day stopped up with major headache and the next I needed to stuff tissues up my nose!

Anonymous said...

Sid and I both have that. Terrible isn't . I am allergic to Goldenrod. I think you call it Ragweed.
The running noise, blowing, head-aches. Thank goodness we don't have babies to attend too or small munchkins. Like some young Moms I know have with those symptoms.

The Golden year's are wicket. One thing after another.

May you soon be feeling better.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I hate being left in a room and having no idea when someone will come back. I think one time if was close to an hour. I think the doc was overbooked. I hope you are feeling better now and the meds are helping. It was great to push the pharmacy along with your coughing. Take care, sending my well wishes. Happy Saturday!

Jackie See said...

Hope you feel better very soon! At least you still have your sense of humor, had me laughing!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope the meds are helping and you feel much better soon.

Karen said...

That's the way to get quick service!

Linda P said...

Hello Sandra. I hope you soon feel a lot better.

Chatty Crone said...

First of all I am so sorry you are sick - summer colds are the worst. I hope you feel better.

I hate being around people with colds! lol

Get better.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I can commiserate with you- just went through an entire month of a horrible sinus infection! One med caused an allergic reaction- that was a generic omnicef, then I took a different one which finally knocked it out. I tried breathing strips, sudafed, medipoti, everything. Even my teeth hurt. So, saying all that- I pray yours is healed up quickly!!!!
Feel better soon!

photowannabe said...

I remember when Sudafed was an over the counter drug. How awful to have to wait so long for it. I liked your technique for rushing the Pharm.. a
long. Coughing and blowing while eating lunch was a sure fire combo.

Rose said...

I don't care when we go to the pharmacy here, there are people in front of us. They used to not be open on Sunday at all, and just half a day on Saturdays and closed for lunch. Now they are open all day on Saturday, open on Sunday but I forget what hours, open later, and never close for lunch!

And I won't even go into detail about the other...the few times I have went there it has been horrible and it is them...not me being impatient, not because they are busy. It is a big name pharmacy....

I went to one of their branches in Terre Haute, turned the prescription in and went and did my shopping...well, it was both pres. and shopping for daughter, came back and it was still not ready....I had been standing there waiting for it, and they called my name and then some one else that had just got there, and the guy took the other person first...but the other lady told me to go ahead since I had done been waiting so long. Oh, I forgot to mention, this was around 5:00 or 6:00 in the evening and we had been up since about 4:00 a.m.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh we sure do hope you are on the mend.
I've often feared I'd get left in one of those waiting rooms and the office would close.
Hugs Cecilia

Inger said...

I love the way you dealt with the pharmacist!! Perfect! Hope you are feeling much better today.

DeniseinVA said...

That's terrible to have to wait so long. I found Ginny's comment very interesting about the pharmacy being way at the back and things like cigarettes at the front. What is that? Hope you feel better real soon. Sending all the positive vibes and healing energies your way.

Mevely317 said...

Knock wood, I've never had a sinus infection but your experience sounds horrid! That was pretty clever at the pharmacy, jump-starting White Coat's "customer service."
Hope you're back to feeling 100% before long!

Sandi said...

"While all this is going on, I am coughing and blowing my nose."

They should have a sick section and a well section at the pharmacy. I bet everyone around you was thinking, "Would someone help this lady already and send her home?" ;-) achoo...

From the Kitchen said...

Don't blame the pharmacist for having lunch! Blame the company for not providing enough coverage to allow it to happen!

Best,
Bonnie

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Although I've had sinus infections (which are MISERABLE so my heart goes out to you for having had one...but how in Heavens name could you take Sudafed...makes me so spacey/dizzy I can't my head up!!!)but not a one since I use my netti pot....:)JP

Lois said...

What an ordeal! I hope you are feeling better.