Sunday, September 3, 2017

HOPE for the Land of Uncloudy Days

My son Dan took this photo on Aug 20 in Clearwater
For the past few weeks, the above radar for our state has been like this every single day. This post is not about this type of clouds. My heart has been aching with sadness as I watched the damage caused by the clouds of Hurricane Harvey. Then we found out our friend Joe has inoperable, stage 4 brain cancer and his days are very short.

As I returned from my Saturday shop at Wal-Mart I listened to my favorite Bluegrass station and a story that was heartbreaking about a man who wanted to learn to play The Land Of Uncloudy Days. I flipped back in time and sung with the song, my heart hurting for the man that wanted to play.

I turned the corner onto 19th Ave and tears started to flow because the dear old man who is maybe late 90's and barely able to walk, with his ancient dog, was slowly, very slowly walking up his driveway. We have watched him walk his dog for many, many years... His old dog died and he got another really old dog to walk.... I prayed for him and his dog for God to protect and keep them safe until they reach the land of no clouds, no pain, no tears....

Willie says it all. I put the words below, and highlighted in yellow the words that filled my heart.






Oh, they tell me of a home far beyond the skies
Oh, they tell me of a home far away
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day
Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day
Oh, they tell me of a home where my friends have gone
Oh, they tell me of that land far away
Where the tree of life in eternal bloom
Sheds its fragrance through the unclouded day
Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day
Oh, they tell me of a King in His beauty there
And they tell me that mine eyes shall behold
Where He sits on the throne that is whiter than snow
In the city that is made of gold
Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day
Oh, they tell me that He smiles on His children there
And His smile drives their sorrows all away
And they tell me that no tears ever come again
In that lovely land of unclouded day
Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day
Songwriters: Willie Nelson
Uncloudy Day lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LL

Revelation 21:4King James Version (KJV)
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.





21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so sorry about your friend!! The words are both sad and joyful. I wish for them both no pain, just joy in eternity.

From the Kitchen said...

Your post has especially touched my heart this morning. We have a friend who is dying. It's hard. It's hard to wrap our minds about the death and destruction in Texas. So much concern in our country and the world. But, the sun came up and is casting a beautiful gold glow outside my window. A promise!!

Best,
Bonnie

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra what a touching post today....I was not familiar with the song either so thank you for sharing that too
Hugs and Happy Labor Day
Cecilia

eileeninmd said...

Good morning Sandra

The words to the song are lovely. Your words and post are very heartfelt and touching. The words ring close to home about your friend, my BIL was recently diagnosed with cancer too. I am sorry about your friend Joe.

My thoughts and prayers continue for the storm victims on Texas, they will have so much to do to get back to normal. It reminds me, I have nothing to complain about and I am grateful.

I hope you see some sunshine too, it will help brighten your mood even if only for a bit. Enjoy your Sunday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is so much sadness in this old world, but praise God that there is an Unclouded day coming.No more sorrow and no more pain.

Gail said...

Amen!

Karen said...

I have loved that song since childhood. So appropriate for this week. I pray that IRMA weakens and stays out to sea and misses the U.S.

Lois said...

It is a beautiful song. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Rose said...

I am so sorry for your friend..so much sadness. But then Jesus died for us, and one day all the sadness will pass away.

Rose said...

I meant to add but sometimes living through it is still hard.

DeniseinVA said...

Your post really touched me Sandra. I am so sad for you about your friend and for your friend. Thank you for sharing that beautiful song with the lyrics. Music and faith can be a great comfort and carries us through difficult times.

Ann Thompson said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. There is definitely a lot of sadness in the world. That is a beautiful song. Love the lyrics

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

WOW Sandra this pulls at all that keeps me glued together. It is as if the rain currently coming down ourside my roon is sending images of you in tears. It also reminds me of Harvey messing up many lives. Yet music is what holds it all together in a bearable way for you and so many more. It is music that has been my number one method to reset my composure in tough moments. Your piece is unfamiliar to me but rings out a powerful message. Thanks for sharing it.
Buddy and I are to land in Orlando on Sept. 8 to meet up with my youngest daughter and her little daughter for a fun time but Irma is lurking out at sea and may just mess it all up. How I pray this storm will stay at see and end there. Seems fires and floods are all over the globe lately.
Finally may your friend find his peacewithout too mich pain. It is sad news for sure. Sending positive vibes. HUGS

Mevely317 said...

That photo Dan took is gorgeous! (... and unsettling at the same time.) A perfect accompaniment for this post.

Years of nothing, and now Joe's is the 5th case of brain cancer (affecting friends of friends) I've heard of in the last month.
God be with Joe, with your elderly neighbor and his companion (and y'all) until someday everything makes sense.

Love Willie ... love this song!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a touching post Sandra, thanks so much for sharing this beautiful song!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news about your friend. my prayers for them to get well soon. Words of thee song was nice...

crafty cat corner said...

Sometimes life is very difficult to understand isn't it. In bad times I often wonder just what it's all about and then the sun comes out and problems get solved and I know how lucky I am to be living in this wonderful world.
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

Sandra...all I can say right now, is you had me in tears!!! Wow. Poignant.

photowannabe said...

Tears for so many things...for you and friends...Storms....Floods....for us and our friends who are in the last stages too.
Life gets too complicated sometimes...all I can do is put my trust in the Lord.

Grandma C said...

Hugs To Everyone! Send a hug, receive a hug, pass on the hug. These are the days we all need each other.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the photo your son took. So sorry to hear about your friend. ((Hugs)) Praying that everyone is safe from the new hurricane that is out there!!!