Saturday, September 23, 2017

Simply Put...The Pool Is A Mess


The POOL the morning after Irma was, simply put... A Mess! All of the above has been removed, but the pool is still green murky water, Bob has worked on it for 9 days, and we still can't see the bottom and what is left in there.
The leaves and limbs were thick enough we could almost walk across it.  Bob worked for 3 days just removing debris. When he started to vacuum  the back flow line clogged.

Call a plumber he shouts! I shout.. Not a Plumber, a POOL repair guy... I will skip the rest of that conversation.

I started to wonder, Just What is the porpoise in our life right now.

I called 4 plumbers, all said NO.. I called 7 pool repairs, all said NO.. Plumbers do NOT work on pools, but I knew that! Half the pool people had no power, the other half said 3 weeks.

Meanwhile, Hurricane BOB is in the back yard, spouting off about having to WAIT.. He Yells Call Rotor Rooter they will do Anything. I call, she says tomorrow between 3 and 5. Next morning she calls and says. We Don't Do Pools..... Did you hear the Man ? screaming All We Need Is a Snake Run Down the PIPE.... anyone can DO THAT!

BUT WAIT! there is MORE!

My cell is a TracFone that I add minutes monthly. It is a smartphone that works beautiful with 3 or more bars, in my house it gets 0 to 1 or 2, if I go outside and walk around holding it in the air I can get 4. It is only for emergency use, in car and at home when our Spectrum home phone is off line. Which it was.. During the worst of storm and all week, I could text anywhere, but to talk had to go outside and say  Can you hear me now? 

I found the best spot with 4 bars and made all those calls. I was sick of listening to the words, I can't hear you, you are breaking up! OF course I was, I was in hurricane aftermath mode

The Punch Line is I have been so crazy from stress of last 3 months, I looked at my phone and saw the word call logs… there were about 30 numbers, 4 were relatives numbers, the rest said unknown numbers, just numbers. I FREAKED and said to Bob, I have been hacked, there are 15 numbers I do not recognize that called and why did the phone not ring? How did they get this number?

I Raved Ranted Carried ON…. After I calmed down and started to delete them a light bulb went off!

They were all the numbers I HAD CALLED to find POOL HELP…. My Mind Is Blown…Simply Put, not only is the Pool a mess, so is my MIND. 

The good news is I now know how to use the phone, know what a call log is, know where the 4 bar spot is in my back yard.  PLUS! I drove the Mad Pool Man to HOME DEPOT and BOUGHT a Plumbers Snake for 30 dollars and WE unplugged the pool our selves. Now to figure out how to get rid of the murky green water.... don't even ask about chemicals, we have poured a fortune in it...








22 comments:

Karen said...

You have surely been through a rough few months!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have had a few bad months. Bob sounds like my hubby when things do not go his way. I am glad you got the snake from Home Depot, that settle that pool problem and maybe future problems. The pool does look awful in the photos. Enjoy your day!

Ann said...

Wow, that's some mess in the pool. It had to have been exhausting doing that but then it also sounds exhausting making all those calls and trying to get someone to come out and help.

My Mind's Eye said...

I say WOW below:

What a
Obnoxious mess
Wonderwoman has..dealing with Hurrycane Bob!!

thank goodness for the Tracfone. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine and the ability to text. I still only keep it on when away from home and don't text much but it is nice and it was only a one time charge of 79.99 for the phone.
I initially put 25.00 on it aka 2 months. When that expired I signed up for a year. If it lasts as long as my flip phone. It was a BETTER deal 'cause I think I recall pay about 99.99 for the flip 8 years ago and I had to sign a 3 year contract at 35.00 a month.
Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

By the time you said "But wait...there's more" I was really laughing! So sorry, I know I shouldn't! But you have such an ability to take ANYTHING and make it funny! And THAT is how we get through life, the only way we can. By finding the funny in it. I am surprised that Bob actually wanted to call anyone! But I guess that shows how much pain he is in. Plus you didn't have the equipment, and now you DO. Yes, call logs are a good thing. If you have called someone in the past, it is IN your phone. So you don't have to look up their number again! Plus you can delete all of them whenever you want. I am truly sorry about the pool, it is major exercise for both of you. I know you are getting plenty of exercise cleaning up, but not aerobic like swimming. Let me know how it progresses.

Chatty Crone said...

When it rains it pours for sure and you have had your share of pouring rain.

I am glad you can keep your sense of humor through it all.

And that you are still on a learning curve in life - makes you ise your bra in more.

Wish you had your pool running. Do you know anything about it yet?

Mevely317 said...

Dang! Wish I could wiggle my nose and send Tom's daughter your way. She and her hubby own/operate a pool repair/restoration business. A few years ago when ours was going wonky they came over, drained it and did an acid wash.

With all the stress you've been experiencing and the Equifax security breach, it's little wonder you panicked at the call log!

I'd venture, this calls for another helping of Culvers!


Gayle said...

At our ages a normal day can be a challenge so I am thankful you can come here and pour it all out. You need that. This too shall end. (in time for the next episode of life :/ ) Take care.

photowannabe said...

Oh my goodness...that's a nightmare.
I truly hope you can get some help to get the pool back to normal.
What a mess. Please be careful..both of you...no more trips to ER thank you!!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, this sounds like a nightmare!!

Tho we both live where hurricanes are likely at any given time during the hurricane season, we all know we want them to skip over us. Right? I know that sounds like I want OTHERS to suffer, but that's not true either. I've lived through hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards and I think the mess a hurricane leaves behind is the worst.

By the way Sandra: Don't go by what they say 10000 steps equals in mileage. It's different for EVERYONE. You must measure your stride from heel of one foot to toe of the other foot....say 24" [2 feet] is the stride. Then, you divide 5289 feet by the stride [2'] and get 2640 steps per mile. 10000 steps by a measurement of 2 foot stride would be about 3.8 miles.

Hootin Anni said...

...sorry, typo. That should read 5280

Anonymous said...

I agree with photowannabe wrote and said.

DawnTreader said...

I think it sounds like you've both actually been handling all the horrible hurricane stress pretty well. ...Blows my mind!... (Sorry, couldn't resist that one - you inspire me!) Seriously: In a situation like that, no wonder if less important things (like unknown phone numbers) get put aside by the brain's priority list.

Lois said...

Oh dear Sandra, I think you and Bob just need to get away and rest. Don't think about anything! I'm sorry for all you have had to go through. It will get better. It has to!

Also thank you so much for all of your kind comments on my travel photos. Sometimes I think I might just be boring people, but then I get comments like yours. Thanks again!

Linda said...

I remember how beautiful your pool was before the hurricane! It will be again.
It's absolutely amazing how our minds work in crisis mode. I heard from Summer and spent hours trying to find a flight out of Puerto Rico for her. She has been through so much. That 'safe' place was not safe at all and they all survived by staying in the basement and bailing out water so they wouldn't drown. I am numb. My brain is fried and I am a zombie. I can't wait to see what my blog post tonight sounds like. I hope I make some sense......
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers always and especially during this past week.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh dear oh dear, what a terrible time you have had. What a mess to clean up. Hope you will see that silver lining real soon.

diane b said...

You poor thing. No wonder your brain is scrambled. Hang in there things will get better albeit slowly. Well done for fixing it yourselves.

Anonymous said...

My sister lives in Pensacola and has problems with coverage there, which amazes me...it's Pensacola for crying out loud!!!...:)JP

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Oh dear Sandra that hurricaine did leave it's challenges. Glad that you learned so much phone tech lol
Sorry about getting your pool up and running. I guess patience will help as shocking water and filtering it all taked time.
In today's heat wave my daughter drove Buddy and I to the lake fore a swim. That is a rare September event. It has been super hot for 5 days now.

Rose said...

I am reading trying to see what I missed. What a time...I can imagine the conversations! And the frustration.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can only imagine where your head has been!! You have been through so much.

Ohmydearests said...

What a mess! And a green pool is so difficult to sort... Hope Bob gets it right soon!