Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Canine Christmas 2017


In Sunday post I asked if anyone could guess where we went on Saturday PHUNDAY... Can you guess now. My 9th annual visit to the fund raiser, Canine Christmas Festival, for our local shelters.

In 2009 my friend Rich invited me to meet him at my first ever Canine Christmas, he lived in an Assisted Living facility and drove his chair over to meet me. We attended 6 Festivals together and I still miss him. Saturday was my 3rd visit without him. PRIOR POST on Rich my friend, my Photoshop Professor, and lover of all critters on the planet.

In memory Rich Rodgers November 8th, 2015


Bright sun, 70 degrees and Twas a beautiful day in our neighborhood, Come follow Madsnapper and Bob as we wander the paths filled with DOGS, lots of DOGS... A few dozen up for rescue, but many bring their pets.


Above you see a black German Shepherd and the red dog with him is my most favorite dog at the park. I loved him on sight. His name is Bogie and you will see MANY photos of him in the future. He was not up for adoption. See that big beautiful face below? I am in love

the muzzle is to keep him from pulling to hard, he was so friendly

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I remember your friend Rich very well. The picture of him and the donkey is so good. Beside the dogs, the tree shadows on the ground are very pretty. I have always wondered about dogs wearing muzzles. What if they have a cold and their nose is stopped up? They couldn't breathe through their mouth and would die. This dog in the wagon looks so happy and excited! He is standing up on the rim and so perked up!

Ann said...

Yeah! It's canine Christmas. I remember how much you enjoyed going to this with your friend Rich I've seen several dogs with those muzzles. I didn't realize that was to keep them from pulling. I don't get how that works

Karen said...

Looks like everybody had a wonderful time...people and pets alike!

Rose said...

It is so hard to believe Rich has been gone that long...

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to enjoy the festivals with our friends. Nice to see many different dogs. I love dogs.

My Mind's Eye said...

Surely our smiles and clapping caused the earth to shake in Florida
Hugs madi and mom

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos from the festival, it looks like a great fund raiser. I would have trouble there, I would want to come home with all the dogs. Great shot of your friend Rich and the donkey, I know you really miss him. The Black shepherd Bogie is beautiful. Enjoy your day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a nice time.

Gayle said...

That little mite in the first photo has such a stance of confidence. At first glance I thought it was a German Shepherd.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

What a good concept for Christmas. The animal look so cute. RIP Rich

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We bet Rich was there with you, enjoying Bogie and all the other furry friends!!

Chatty Crone said...

I remember your visits there and your friend Rick too.

Pam said...

Love when I go to a festival or something and the owners have their doggies with them. Can't say I ever heard of a canine festival though...haha....Eva married a McCall, they grew up in Frankin NC.

Mevely317 said...

Aw, I'll bet you felt Rick's presence with you every step.
Bogie's coat/color looks so lustrous. Like an old saddle, perhaps.

Mevely317 said...

I'm sorry for writing 'Rick' ... when I knew his name was Rich. :(