Thursday, November 16, 2017

Do I look Stupid???



New blouse, do I look stupid?

An automated call from my bank stated my debit card had been compromised and a new one is in the mail, to watch for it and activate quickly.

The card came 2 days later, and instead of dialing the phone as I have in the past, I chose to go to online activate the card. Activated and left home on a list of errands.

I decide to park midway between two shopping centers and walk to CVS and then to Publix to add to my steps for the day. I walk to CVS and debit card will not work. I reach for charge card that I brought just in case the new card did not work. I LEFT IT IN THE CAR. (note, I don't use a purse and only carry the cards I need in my wrist wallet)

I Walk to car, get card, walk back to CVS. I Walk to Publix, prepared with charge card and prescription is free, don't need card.

I drive to bank to test the card in ATM, use debit card to retrieve cash, works fine, I then drive to gas station, purchase gas, debit card works fine. Walk around corner to Dollar General Card Will not work. I use credit card.

Drive to bank and walk in side, I tell the smiling baby man my problem. He pulls up my account and turns the monitor so I can see it and says  "when you activated your card on line, you put ONE DOLLAR as the limit for debit card purchases".   This means it works at ATM and as credit but not debit purchase...   I felt soooooo Stupid!  he fixed it. I tried explaining I saw the min and max and put 1 dollar min and 600 max and as his eyes glazed over,   I could tell this baby sitting behind the desk was thinking in side his head, These old people are just soooo stupid.....if I could remember how to blush, I would have blushed with embarrassment.

I was smart enough to add a lot of steps to my day... and to find the bank, pump my own gas. And at least I did not have to drive home to get the charge card, because I am a firm believer in Murphy's law and always go prepared. Except of course when I leave the card IN THE CAR...
 PICMONKEY MEMBERS... don't MISS THIS VIDEO ON HOW TO

21 comments:

Ann said...

Yeah, I'm first today :) I like the new blouse.
I've never been asked for a minimum or maximum amount on my debit card. But then I always activate my new cards in the atm machines.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Your new blouse is pretty. I stopped using the debit card and took my account offline. Too many hackers out there. It only took one time for my account to be compromised and I closed it. We rarely use cash and charge everything and pay it off when the bill comes each month. It is a good idea to park further away for more steps. Have a great day!

diane b said...

Its so easy to make mistakes in todays overwhelming technology but at least you got your steps up for the day.

Karen said...

Don't let it get you down. By the way, that is a very nice picture of you!

From the Kitchen said...

You sure don't look stupid in your photo! In fact, you look great.

Best,
Bonnie

Gayle said...

"If I could remember how to blush"---that's a good one.
We stopped using our debit card for purchases as a precaution.

Chatty Crone said...

Love your blouse. And hey when you start to make a lot of them like me - it is easier to take mistakes!

Carolann said...

Your blouse is lovely. Maybe it is the darkness of the blouse you don't like. I myself have a similar one and I don't like mine neither on me but I wear it.

Apparently all the print is coming back in.

Just heard Loblaw's severs are being laid off about 200 0r more and then they plan Loblaw's to deliver groceries to homes.

Has it happened in your town? Perhaps on news this week they will mention the towns.

My Mind's Eye said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MS I love your blouse and I think it makes you look super duper intelligent. All the mess was the fault of technology...and Oh my word anything done on line is requires eagle eyes. I was recently filling out a form for hubby's physical next week (yes I did it he hates to type and he also hates to sit in the office filling the out by hand). It was completed I thought hit submit...kept telling me incomplete...but I could not see where.
Itttttty bitty print at the bottom of the page told me. It should have been larger print or had an automated hand pop out.
Love the baby behind the counter that was too funny
Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a story! Love your blouse! You are not stupid,anyone could do this. Because getting things done is so much harder these days than it used to be. I am just glad it was something fast and easy to fix!

Rose said...

If I can remember when I am home and have time I will tell of our senior adventure that I hinted at 2 or 3 weeks ago....I am sill hanging my head with embarrassment....yours does not hold a candle to It!

Linda said...

You are light years away from being stupid! And that little twerp will be our age someday!
I have never had a debit card and never used an ATM machine. I only started paying bills online a few years ago! Still, I think we are doing pretty welll considering all the changes we are keeping up with in the world today!

photowannabe said...

I love Linda's remarks about the "little twerp" and his being our age one day...
It's so hard to be patient with ineptness sometimes.
Glad you got the debit card thing figured out.
I've stopped using mine for purchases at stores when ours got compromised. I don't have enough moola to share with some thief!!
Love your new photo and think you look terrific. Blue's a great color for you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The blouse looks really good on you. The color suits you.As for the rest of the story, we all do some stupid things. Believe me I've done more than my share.

Suburban Girl said...

Well at least you got a funny story from it.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Let that baby-faced bank guy think what he wants, Sandra, cause we all know you are not old or stupid (terrible choice of word). Anyone can get confused and I'm sure that bank guy has made his own share of mistakes. The blouse is lovely and so is the person wearing it!

Pam said...

NO...you do not look stupid! Wow...

Mevely317 said...

OMG, what an attention-getting title! (and NOooooo, you certainly don't look stupid.) I sure like the smocking on your new blouse; one doesn't see that so often anymore.

I was just cautioning Tom last night about using his debit card for gas, rental car, etc. I won't pretend to understand the law (speaking of stupid!) ... but when our guests check-out, if they've put down a credit card for their security deposit, that $ goes right back in their account. If the guest has used a debit card (depending on their financial institution) it can take anywhere from 3-7 days for their funds to be returned.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Nope you don't look stupid, you look very nice in your new blouse! I've done a lot of stupid things, one of the most stupid was when I was a kid living at home and my mother needed my help in the kitchen. I'll have to tell the story when I get up my nerve. I still blush to think how toopid I was. lol! Let's just say that the only thing I knew how to do in the kitchen was wash and dry dishes and I'll leave it at that for now.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Love your new blouse and the sweet smile that goes along with it! Do NOT love bank tellers who make people feel stupid...and you are by no means, stupid!

Thanks for the Pic Monkey link! Can't wait to watch the video!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, sounds frustrating but glad you were able to get it sorted out!