Monday, November 20, 2017

Ringling Favorites



As we stepped into this room, I walked straight to one of the photos and stood staring. I said to Lola, finally a time I recognize. These are all paintings from George Washing Era and sure enough they were all from the 1700-1800 era. The other rooms were centuries old. I could tell by the clothing and faces.

This one I looked at for a long time, all the men were in black, the lady in white and she jumped out of the painting with white light. I wish I could have captures the glitter of her white dress. Sadly I forgot to check the name of the painting
UPDATE Nov 20th. I call this Lady in White. She is actually Sarah Bernhardt, actress in 1889. the group are Parisian Celebreties... this link will give you all there names A Portrait Group of Parisian Society in 1889



Below is my favorite and the first one I went to in this room. Doesn't he look like a 1777 James Bond with a slight resemblance to my hubby Bob????


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The woman in white, so out of place amid all those pompous men. I think she must be a queen, and the men are from her court or her advisers. YES, this is Bob in a fluffy collar.Now there is no getting away from it. His picture is there for all to see, forever!

Ann said...

Whoever the woman in the second paiting is, she sure seems to have the attention of the men around her.
I can hear that last guy whispering "Bond, James Bond" and yes there is a slight resemblance to Bob too.

Rose said...

I can just imagine what Bob would say if asked to dress like that, though! I love that lady's white dress...she stands out so that a person almost fails to notice there are any more women in the photo.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, they are all lovely paintings. The lady in white does stand out. Would Bob wear one of these suits? I see the resemblance.

Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Pam said...

Once upon a time they would not let you take pics in places like this of stuff like that....but with cell phones it is easier these days. No flash needed to harm the item. Great pics.

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow, I thought that *was* Bob!! ;-) Wonderful paintings! I wonder if that lady in white felt a bit uncomfortable.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wow!! What a collection of gorgeous paintings and yes, the last one does resemble your Bob!!

Linda said...

I do see your Bob in that painting!

My Mind's Eye said...

My first thought on the last one is that looks like Bob...but I can not in 1 million years see Bob in that outfit. LOL Could be his brudder though
Hugs Cecilia

Gayle said...

you said 'finally a time I recognize'. You've aged well ;)
and . . . the pool would never get cleaned in that get up.

Chatty Crone said...

I doubt it but do you think it was her wedding day? It was a fabulous gown.

Inger said...

Her dress is magnificent. Imagine the painter capturing the glitter of her jewelry. The last guy doesn't look like Bob to me, he looks just too mean. Don't you think?

photowannabe said...

Amazing that you "got" Bob to pose for the portrait...(:0)
It really does look like him.
That's a fantastic gallery of pictures at the museum...just one photo opp. after another.

Suburban Girl said...

1777 James Bond....funny.

Ida said...

The paintings are really neat. I did chuckle a bit when you said to your friend, "Finally a time I recognize." - You don't look that old my friend.

Mevely317 said...

Yes! Definitely, a cross between Sean Connery and Bob in a fluffy collar!
I rather like formal attire of old. Still I wonder... given the year ... was deodorant even invented back then?

KB said...

Your description of that last painting made me giggle! Thanks!