Friday, November 3, 2017

Ringling Musuem 2017



My first photo of the day was this statue, he called to me as the sun enhanced his beauty.  (note: if you know my blog well you will see the resemblance to my hubby Bob. Right? if you don't know him, click on the tab above named BOB

We chose to visit the art museum first. The Ringling is so much more than a museum. The Ringling Museum of Art, Ca Da Zan House, Circus Museum and 66 acres of Bayfront  gardens that are full of hidden statues.   the pink links take you to each one.

The majority of the statues are nude, not naked. there is a difference. They gave us a pamphlet and this is the link to Why is that statue naked? 




There were so many marbleous statues I was afraid I would take them for granite... HEH HEH HEH, yes I know he is not granite... but bad puns are my thing.

The next statue was in a nook, just a few feet from the two above, look at the difference, one in the sun, the other in man made light. No Comparison.

Ringling Museum in Sarasota, is only 10 miles from my front door, and is one of my favorite places to visit. Over the next few weeks I will post a few photos of our visit. I have been half a dozen time over the years, but it was all new to my friend Lola.. I could not decide where to start with the almost 300 photos, and decided to start with the first 3 photos I took and post them in order.






22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, he DOES look like Bob! I am so excited to tour here with you again!!!

Mersad said...

Literally the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the image and before reading the post, was that the statue looks like Bob :D
So Bob has a statue now :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Anonymous said...

How nice to be able to visit with your friend. I look forward to the photos. Hope you have a nice Friday.

Karen said...

I can imagine it being fascinating for children and adults as well. I love the garden. So nice that you got to visit again.

My Mind's Eye said...

We had absolutely NO idea about all this. My peeps need to take a road trip to see it in purrson some day. The gardens and other links amazing
Hugs Madi

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! There is an uncanny resemblance to Bob.Are you sure he didn't pose for this sculpture?LOL

Inger said...

I love the way you notice the light and the difference between natural and man made. You really are a Photographer with a big P. And yes, the dude sure looks like Bob.

Hootin Anni said...

I would LOVE to see tji in real time. I'm sure I could easily spend a whole day here

Terrific photos.

Ps...a 'HAPPY BUDDHA' is called a HOTEI (hoe tie)

Hootin Anni said...

*tji?...=this

Chatty Crone said...

That second statue kind of looked like Bob for a minute.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Yes, the statue does look like Bob...from the shoulders up. But I'm not sure about the shoulders down. Teehee...sorry, couldn't resist!! It sounds like a very interesting place to visit.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such a wonderful statue...very Bob-esque!! Can't wait to see more!

Ann Thompson said...

Yep, that statue does resemble Bob. Does he thinks it looks like him? I'm glad you slipped a pun in there

Ida said...

Impressive statues...I can see a resemblance there to your Bob.

DeniseinVA said...

Definitely a Bob lookalike :). I would never have thought the Ringling Museum would have had these magnificent statues, I was thinking circus exhibits only. Definitely putting this on our list when we are down that way again. Looking forward to your other photos.

Pam said...

HAHA.....it does look like Bob! Great pic of him...did he pose for that? HAHA..

Rose said...

Yes, does look like Bob....does Bob see the resemblance?

Mevely317 said...

Yes, what a difference between Mother Nature's light and artificial. You've such a great eye-instinct, Sandra. I might never have noticed.

We're off to the Deep South in a few hours, and I'll be off line for the next 9-10 days ... but will be sure and follow your Snapper-isms via my cell!

KB said...

I love those sculptures. You photographed them gorgeously, bringing them to life for me. Thank you!

UplayOnline said...

I look forward to the photos. Hope you have a nice Friday.


เย็ดสาว

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed your photos. I know that I was very impressed when I visit Ringling. The grounds are lovely and I especially enjoyed the Circus Museum.

Cranberry Morning said...

So what does Bob think about all this attention he's getting??? Lol