Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ringling Museum Up Close

Bob's cataract is gone, he did not cry, did not starve to death waiting from 4 am to 12:30 without food, and now I am trying to survive the drops in the eyes.  he get 4 drops, one drop wait 10 minutes, 1 drop wait 10 minutes for breakfast and others 3 times a day.
I just completed the 1 drop, every 10 minutes, 4 times.  I still have to say, look up, don't blink because he doesn't do it without being told.

I did my own with no problems but he just can't. I just don't get it. the drops cost 170 for 3 bottles, so can't afford to waste a drop, the three bottles are for both eyes and i don't want to spend another 170.

GOOD NEWS is, I set the timer for 10 minutes come in here, it goes off, I run down the hall into the kitchen, back to him on he sofa, back to kitchen, back in here. every ten minutes. woo hoo on the steps I am logging, for breakfast today I did 265 steps for drops...
.                                 8:12 AM UPDATE: Just got back from 24 hour check up. Before surgery, Bob could not even read the BIG  E on the chart with right eye, the side the stroke was on, today, even dilated he can read the 3rd line down.


close ups photos of huge paintings. Lola called to my attention the all the feet had bunions and crooked toes
flea market in 1600


I love cows and they look the same as they do now. 17 th  century cows

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the surgery is over and hope the recovery goes well.
Love the cow picture.

Rose said...

That is a lot of steps...just think, you get to do that two more times each day.

Anonymous said...

Great news about the checkup! So thankful.

Karen said...

That is wonderful that is vision is much improved!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such beautiful artwork!!

I'm so happy Bob is doing well and seeing so much better!!
xoxo,
Jakey, Arty & Rosy

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, great news for Bob! You are doing some steps too, that is good too. Love the paintings, pretty exhibit. Have a happy day!

Lois said...

Glad everything went well and Bob is so fortunate to have a wonderful caretaker like you! The paintings are lovely too.

Anni said...

There are best wishes for a complete recovery! Love the last painting very much (I too like cows).

ps: that glass pointsettia vase has the wire fairy lights you showed us a few weeks back.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh MS...you have my sympathy...truly. My B hates drops and I know he could not do his own either. Bless your heart

Lola was very observant on the feet. Nice to know the painting is REAL!! like real feet
Hugs Cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well you are definitely getting some exercise! Men, they are big babies. Enjoyed the photos.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm glad to hear Bob is doing well after his surgery. Unless you want the exercise, and if you have a smart phone, use Siri to set an alarm for you and put phone in your pocket. It saves steps, which I like, but you might like the exercise. :) Btw, BG would be the same way, he wouldn't want to put in his own eyedrops, either. Men!

Linda P said...

That's good news! Using the situation to get your exercise is very positive. The style and subject of those paintings are all different. I like art that portrays real life. I hope Bob continues to do well. It's good he has improved vision now.

Ginny Hartzler said...

YEAH!! I started an e-mail to you, then thought to check and see if you had posted. So Bob is better than good! How much is he complaining? Is he glad he got it done now? The difference is really amazing, and so soon after the surgery. Will he be following the rules? You are the DROP LADY! I will always be putting drops in Phil's eye. He cannot put them in himself because he has no lower lid to pull down now. Wait! You said the drops are for both eyes? He just got one eye done, right? Will he be having the other done soon? YES, the first thing I noticed was their bad feet! Back then, everyone must have had bad feet? Maybe it was because of what they wore on their feet? I will Google it, but what is the time period, do you know?

Suburban Girl said...

What a good nurse you are!

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad Bob has you! I hope I can do my own tho when it is time. So why are those unique paintings in the Ringling Brother's Museum. Interesting about the bunions. sandie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good to hear that there is already noticeable improvement.

Ann Thompson said...

I used to have trouble putting drops in my own eyes. I can do it now but for the longest time couldn't. At least you logged a lot of steps for those expensive drops.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope he heals and feels much better soon. Take care...both of you! Hugs!

Mevely317 said...

I'm soooo sorry to be chuckling ... but Bob's 'ordeal' sounds so much like my Tom's. I told him, NEXT time he's gotta get him another eye-drop-pusher. Men!


Cranberry Morning said...

Wonderful news of Bob's cataract surgery with great results! Good thing he's got you, by the way. :-)