Monday, January 8, 2018

Continued from Yesterday's Pondering Post


Continued from Yesterday.....After days of fretting over pondering about changing this blog, I created a new header. Way back in 2008 I created the blog and ONE post... with the help of my blog sister Ann at SnapEditScrap, I figured out how to show you how many post I have created each year. This is a snip from my sidebar archive thingy widget that I had to copy her snip it showing me what hers looked like.
number of posts per year
Sorry, my mind tends to wander off what I started talking about.

In 2008, I used MadSnapper as the name because my hubby called me that. I spent hours each day madly snapping at any and all things. The blog intent was to show my photos ONLY.
Ha Ha Wazzz Up with THAT?
I looked at what I do NOW. I chat, I write, I tell stories, I talk about my life, my hubby, I spew puns all over the place, I make mad creations using software, I edit everything into something else.
In other words the blog is NOT a Photo Blog Anymore.

I thought of calling the blog MADChatter
ChatSnapper, SnapperChatter
SnapChat (Oops already taken)
SnapWriteEdit (to much like Ann's name)
SOOOOO.. this is what I came up with. I will be Snip'n and Snap'n and Chat'n,
and ALL That with the puns thing.
Maybe MadEntertainer is what I want to be.
IN OTHER WORDS nothing will change except the header.
This might be true or NOT. You shall see what you shall SEE.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well of course you will have the option to change it again. As they say, it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. Will you continue to change headers? Or leave this new one on? Yes, you'e come a long long way. But you have ALWAYS been honest and awesome!! Making us laugh, cry, and ponder. Whatever you name your blog, it can never quite match the great content.

Ann said...

I agree with everything Ginny said. I do like the new name but it's the writer behind the name that makes this blog what it is. And what it is, is purely delightful. My blog has also changed from what it was originally supposed to be and honestly I like it better now that it isn't limited to one subject

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like your new header and the new name. My blog tends to be more photos than chatting, maybe a little chat. It is fun to play around with your blog. I always enjoy the puns and your edited images are awesome. You are an entertainer. Enjoy your day!

Rose said...

I think we all evolve and change...I like what you do now, i like where you came from.

My Mind's Eye said...

MOLMOL MadSnapper Snap-N&Chat-N
We love it. We will look forward to taking this journey of discovery with you.
Mom and Dad just got the tree undressed and put away. Mopped and vacuumed floors where tree and white chair were. Move the white chair back by the fireplace. Now they are waiting to see what yours truly thinks of their work
Hugs madi

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I saw you had wondered about the background; I like the black too. White/yellow writing on black is said to be best for those with sight difficulties. Good luck with the evolution! YAM xx

Gayle said...

My blog description describes yours as well--haha Ventures: an undertaking involving uncertainty of the outcome

Mad Snapper without a black background would seem odd. I like the new header.

photowannabe said...

I so love your adventures in Snapping and chatting...
Don't ever change....just keep going where your whim takes you.
You inspire me.

Inger said...

No matter what you do to your blog, it will always be you in all your wonderful mad snapping, chatting, and all the rest way. I'm sure all of us who come here would follow you no matter where you take us next.

Pam said...

Snap, and chat on Sandra! haha...

Karen said...

I have had the same name for my blog for 9 years. I have a list of others I considered, but stuck with the same one. I always enjoy seeing your new headers.

Mevely317 said...

Giggle! ... re. your mind tends to wander. Mine, too!

Early on, I attended a Phoenix bloggers luncheon where I was asked, "What's your theme?" Mind you, I had no idea WHY I'd decided to blog in the first place, never mind a theme. Felt so discouraged for about a day, then decided "to heck with 'em!"

In the words of Billy Joel, "Don't go changing to try and please me ..."

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like the new header!