Tuesday, January 2, 2018

For Ginny.. because you said I could!


Can anyone tell me why red or yellow peppers cost 1.78 each and green ones .78 each? and of course the red or yellow  taste better to me.

My Snacks are fresh fruit or  peppers, cucumbers, carrots plain or dipped in hummus or
fresh fruit, apples, tangerines, grapes, strawberries


When my Desires for something sweet hit me...

Pineapple chunks, with walnut on top, sprinkle with stevia, broil 3 minutes

 2 spoons of frozen Cool Whip, sugar and fat free. Frozen it tastes like ice cream.
Also good if dropped on top of my coffee.
And thawed it is the perfect dip for a slice of apple or a strawberry.
 My favorite legal sweet is peanut butter candy ( I eat this as my evening meal 300 calories, when I just have to have something good)
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter, 1 TBLS raw honey, sprinkle of unsweet coconut, raw oats, stir and eat small spoons or make it into a ball. Sometimes I add a few raisins. 



Ginny from Let Your Light Shine said in a comment that she thought I could do a post on groceries if I wanted to. I could. I did.




15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

And a darn good one, too! You could make a post about anything! Plus I love your tips!! They are like Pinterest hacks. I cannot wait to do the pineapple one!! And the cool whip on coffee. Sometimes I will squirt a bit of Reddi Whip on mine. Thanks a lot!!!

Karen said...

Thanks I needed this encouragement today to eat healthy and to make a sensible grocery list.

Ann said...

Yep, I agree with Ginny. You could make a post about anything. I think I want to try the pineapple, that sounds really good.. I use stevia for my coffee and tea. Even though I know I eat plenty of sugar in all the horrible foods I eat I still prefer the stevia in my hot drinks

My Mind's Eye said...

Yummy idea for snacks. I love peppers and hummus
Yes that chair belongs where the Christmas tree is 'still' sitting.
LOL too cold to go in and out of the garage to get the boxes.
It was 64 in the house when we woke up 13 at 6am not sure what the low was but it was real temp 13 6 am
Hugs Cecilia

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have come up with some tasty treats. Great ideas and tips. Ginny knows you well, you can do a post on anything. Have a happy day!

Rose said...

That peanut butter snack sounds good. And i like the raw vegies...

Linda said...

Your healthy eating has been an inspiration to all of us!
Guess what has helped me? Lower dentures! I think twice about what I eat instead of mindlessly popping food in my mouth!
I haven’t weighed myself but I will. I think I’ve lost a few pounds!
I also read that bread greatly aggravates arthritis. Of course, one can’t believe everything one reads.
I agree - that peanut butter snack sound delicious! I’m going to try it!

Chatty Crone said...

Not only can you - you should. I love the first one and made a copy of it. Second one - not a lover of coconut - thanks for sharing though. Love it. sandie

Inger said...

What wonderful tips for good, healthy eating. And I'm sure you can do just about anything you put your mind to. I have started to incorporate some of the exercise things you suggested.

crafty cat corner said...

The cool whip on coffee sounds lovely, not sure if I can get that over here.
Briony
x

Mevely317 said...

That's a neat twist of ways in which to use Cool Whip!
I don't do fruit, but enjoy most raw veggies ... and peanut butter is my favorite-est ever. I like putting it in the freezer and lick it slowly like a popsicle.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Num!!! I love that you still have so much variety in your diet...and I loves me some Cool Whip Free!

Pam said...

I know that you have been staying away from sugar, me I can't do the sugar free/fat free....to hard on fibro. You have done so well. Proud of you.

photowannabe said...

I think I need to get more peanut butter to satisfy the sweet tooth.
It's back to no sugar which means no fruit for me too. that's the hard one.
I find that the gluten..(flour) does agravate my arthritis a bit too. the pain and stiffness is a red flag that I have indulged...Confession is good for the soul.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I eat similar snacks....good for you! I'm glad you shared them, it inspires me to do better. Since the wedding in Cancun I've been way off track.