Thursday, January 18, 2018

Not Friday - Not Fiction


For the first time ever I intended to Join Final Friday Fiction Blog hop

The writing prompt is Take a book - any book, a different one each month - and go to page 87; take a word or phrase from each of lines 8, 12 and 16. Write up to 500 words of fiction.


I have no books, I am Kindle E-reader only.

The choice of a book in my house was either my Bible or Dr. Atkins New Diet which is not new since it was printed in 1992 which is when I purchased it.

I chose Atkins to find my prompts and chose to write a poem using these phrases.

Dr Akins New diet by Dr. Atkins, page 87, line 8 I'll explain, line 12 proved wrong yet and line 16 will have stabilized.
I sit, straining my brain
I feel real pain as I strain.
I'll explain.
I am trying to write "on demand"
I really don't think that I "can".
I'll explain.
Since I have never been proved wrong yet,
I can't even make a bet
That I can write on demand.
I fear this could lead to my demise,
I am trying to write and be wise.
Suddenly I realize I will click 'publish'
and I will have stabilized....

After writing this, I realized the rules said must be FICTION. OOPS! the old brain was really strained.  Not Friday, Not Final Friday, Not Fiction... Just a silly poem on Thursday.

I left the link to Final Friday  in case some of you with a brain want to join on the last Friday of the Month.
P.S.   I am at my Tops Meeting which means Take Off Pounds Sensibly and I am wondering if the diet thing is removing brain cells and I need to go BACK to my SUGAR addiction.




14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, it is all too hard. No wonder you missed the fiction part. Also being that it was only one of two actual books. Still, the poem is real cute. Proving that you still have your entire mind intact.

Ann said...

It's lucky for us you didn't read the rules too good. Otherwise we would have missed out on this wonderful poem. I don't know if I have any fiction books around here. I have plenty of books but they are crafting books or have to do with photoshop or photography

Breathtaking said...

Sandra, You did it! You used all the words, and it was clever, not fiction, but you're a natural poet.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Hehehehe... I love this!!! Thank you for thinking to take up the challenge Sandra. BUT DON'T KINDLE BOOKS HAVE PAGE NUMBERS???... or next time out shopping, just visit a bookshop and sneak a peek at any old thing! Anyone is welcome to join in - creativity can be nurtured!!! I hope you will try again for the 26th! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I think you did great. You used the words and created a cute poem. You have a way with words. Enjoy your day!

From the Kitchen said...

This is good but I still like Edgar Allen Poe better. Don't give up though!!

Best,
Bonnie

Gayle said...

Go back to your sugar addiction? That's the addiction talking. But . . . your change of diet may have eliminated other nutrients that promote mental clarity.
Sorry to get so serious but loss of memory is on my mind lately (I think).

My Mind's Eye said...

Well no matter the day or the reason or lack of reasoning we love your story/poem WHATEVER.
Hugs Cecilia

Karen said...

Hang in there! You are doing so well!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I thought you did good. That would be a challenge to me and my tired old brain.

Mevely317 said...

Hey, no fair beating yourself up ... you done GOOD!
PS - Who says an original poem can't be fiction?

Lois said...

I'm afraid it is too much for my brain. I think you did a great job!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I have page numbers on my Kindle...although I do have bunches of paper books too :-).

Thanks for linking to the event or I might have missed it!

Rose said...

I so love this!