Saturday, April 7, 2018

The lifeguard saved me at YMCA


This past week, I was standing at the side of the pool, doing my leg exercise, Sam Elliott Brian the lifeguard was standing mesmerized by my conversation, when suddenly a spider the size of a Dinner plate quarter ran down the drain of the pool between my hands, I screamed SPIDER and jumped backwards, Sam Brian leaned down and slapped it, it jumped in the water and swam TOWARDS me. I splashed at it sending it back to the side of the pool, Sam Brian Slapped it in the water and................

It disappeared.. he jumps back, shaking his bathing suit legs, flapping his t-shirt, I am screaming WHERE IS IT? and madly searching the water around me. We are laughing hysterically because it is GONE.   I keep saying it HAS TO BE HERE, he backs up to the wall and it was right under him. A little dead ball a little bigger than a BB.   He starts to step on it and IT TAKES OFF AGAIN... Stomp! Gotcha he says....   My Hero... MadSnapper Saved by the Lifeguard at the YMCA
NOTE! Remember Sam Elliott on his motorcycle? Well Brian rides a motorcycle and has a long pony tail... Sam Brian he is.

20 comments:

diane b said...

EEEEk that would be scary. Bravo Sam Brian.

Ginny Hartzler said...

As son as I saw your picture, I KNEW! So of course the picture did it's job. I sure would not have been so calm...I would have been up on his shoulders.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Being a fan of all little critters (I's the one doing the spider removal for my mates), I was hoping spidey made it to the bushes... but I couldn't get too caught up in it cause you had me focused on Sam Elliot... sigh... YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I wouldn't mind if Sam Elliot rescued me! I never heard of a swimming spider. I am glad Brian the lifeguard (spider killer) was there for you!

Have a happy day!

Ann said...

Aside from the spider scaring you in the pool, you are one lucky lady to have Sam/Brian to rescue you. I do remember Sam Elliot on his motorcycle. Now I am picturing you and Sam/Brian riding off into the sunset on his bike.

KB said...

I am afraid of spiders, mainly because Shyla is allergic to their bite. I can see freaking out if one was in the pool with me! And, to have Sam Elliot save you from one - wow!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This made me smile, Sandra, and I too would have freaked out a bit. Glad that Sam Brian was so valiant is his attack and successful too.

Lois said...

Hilarious post Sandra! It would be hard to forget Sam Elliott on his motorcycle or anywhere else for that matter.

Gayle said...

Another chapter in the life of Sandra.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ok as much as mom dislikes bugs and spiders she fears she have a hard time control her bladder in the pool if she saw a spider...
otherwise she might join the Y if the lifeguards are Sam Elliot look a likes
Hugs Madi your bfff

Anonymous said...

I need this kind of excitement in my life!!! lol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That would have freaked me out too! So glad your Sam Elliot was there to save the day....

Chatty Crone said...

Yikes I don't like spiders either - glad your knight was there to help!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's quite the adventure you had.

photowannabe said...

HaHaHaHa...
Oh my
Your hero saved the day...
The images are seared into my brain...
Glad you were rescued.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Mmmmmmmm....Sam Elliot.....

DawnTreader said...

Can spiders swim???

Mevely317 said...

I HATE spiders ... but this recounting is hysterical! Are you going to share it with Sam Brian? What a guy!

Rose said...

Do you have those little black fuzzy spiders that jump at you? They loved Fuji apples and when I worked at the orchard and picked the fuji, every so often one of them would make me squeal...I don't know why they were always on them...don't know if it was the time of year or if there was something about Fuji...

Linda said...

You and your spiders!!!