Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jungle Gardens Flowers

Jungle Gardens is not all about parrots, flamingos and ducks. I found two never before seen flowers.
Shell Ginger, Above closed and walked a few feet and found below with a few opened


"What did the carrot say to the wheat?
Lettuce rest, I'm feeling beet."
- Shel Silverstein


I dod not know what this is, above is the bud unopened and below opened. Anyone know what it is?



"What does the letter "A" have in common with a flower?
They both have bees coming after them."
- Kim Roblin 

11 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

The shell ginger is really pretty, the buds do look like shells. I have no idea on the other one but it is beautiful.

diane b said...

I have the Shell Ginger in my garden but no flowers at the moment. I don't know the other one but it is very pretty with its symmetrical pattern

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Lovely flowers.What a difference when hay open up.Both are unfamiliar to me.

Lucy (aka rharper) said...

Florida has such beautiful things growing. I need another trip. :)

Judy said...

I am so glad that you got such wonderful shots of the mystery flower. I just love them!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful flowers ALSO at the Jungle Gardens???? Wow---that is tremendous.... You will have to go back!!!!

GREAT pictures today. Love the Shell Ginger.
Hugs,
Betsy

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

lovely flowers! those pictures are beautiful.

my faves are those buds!! Great captures!

Chatty Crone said...

The first plant does look like shells! And I am not sure of the second one either. You do have a lot of really wonderful things there.

Ann said...

Both of those are gorgeous. In that first one I never would have guessed that it would look the way it does when it opens up. I have no idea what that second one could be but it's very cool looking.

George said...

Both of these plants are new to me, but I really like the shell ginger.

Stacey Dawn said...

Never seen those before - but that last one looks like fireworks to me! Cool!