Friday, October 28, 2016

Night Blooming Cactus Oct 2016


Our plants and flowers and trees are confused from all the heat we have had since April. Night Blooming Cactus, also known as Queen of the Night, since they only bloom in the dark of night.

The plant is about 40 feet up in the pine tree and is always done with blooms by first week in Sept. Here we are at end of October and still it blooms. Prior Post of this flower.. HERE

I might be slow to comment today... Today is my last eye doctor apt for final check up on cataract surgery and to get refraction for new glasses. More dilation of eyes. phooey.






14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Stunning pictures! They look like rare dessert flowers. And the black and white one is so beautiful. I hope all goes well at your appointment.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

So very beautiful!!

Good luck today!!

Ohmydearests said...

gorgeous! good luck for today!

My Mind's Eye said...

It is gorgeous!!!Wow
Hugs madi and mom

From the Kitchen said...

Gorgeous! Pick out some sexy new glasses!!

Best,
Bonnie

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, pretty flowers and images. I hope all goes well at the eye doc. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful blooms in the light! hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty pictures. It's fun to see the black/white edit, also.
Best wishes with the eye appt. today.

Gail said...

Absolutely amazing.

I would be in trouble if I lived in your climate. I would wake with plants growing over me.

I must dig up the plant you sent seeds. It's not gonna bloom this year. I hope to remember to transplant before the frost.

DawnTreader said...

You have blue sky in these pictures... Have you been up at night in the dark too to watch them??

Ann said...

very pretty. Hope all goes well with the eye doctor

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I hope you got straight A's from your doc!
I'd never heard of Queen of the Night before, but your images are wonderful. Especially, I'm enjoying the black/white effect.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As much as I like the coloured pictures,I think these flowers are stunning in black and white.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I always love seeing your night blooming cactus. Hope all went well at your eye appointment.