Saturday, November 25, 2017

Guess What I did on Black Friday


Once upon a time, about a month ago, in fact, I met my friends at Cracker Barrel for lunch. I saw a Christmas Tree. I liked it.   Last week I went back to get the tree and talked myself out of the two trees because I am cheap, to the bone cheap. I stood there until the lady threatened to call for help with a loiterer.

While weighing the cost plus value, I saw a crystal music box Nativity. I added that to the weigh/cost/value.  I left with nothing, NADA, NIL ... to much money for me.

Monday morning I parked in front of Tuesday Morning and walked inside Big Lots, which is next door. During the night before it had popped in my mind Big Lots has really cool Christmas Stuff @ rally cool prices.

There it was... just what I wanted......The Crystal Nativity Music Box, for HALF THE PRICE. It lights up, it sings Silent Night, words not music. If fits the shelf in the nook....  

Can you guess what I did on Black Friday? NO, I did not shop, I placed what I I bought  on Monday morning, next door to Tuesday Morning, in the NOOK, on Black Friday Morning.


I spent hours each day trying to get a decent photo of the new Nativity. So far, I have not. Anyone have any ideas? I tried 2 cameras, 1 phone and a partridge in a pear tree tablet.   I put in under 3 different lights, I held a flashlight on it, I took pics in candle light and tree lights..


Why YES! I did take a few more photos... but not of this.





22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The first and last pictures are the best! they are good! It is so detailed. I am going to Big Lots AND Tuesday Morning! Tomorrow. Try turning the lights off, putting a spotlight flashlight on it, and snap. Yes,I did comment on yesterday's post! We had the kid's, so it was real late when I did it.

Anonymous said...

I love that you found it for half the price. It is beautiful. I wonder if you put something black behind it, like a black poster board etc. to take a pic.

diane b said...

It would be hard to photograph but you have done well. Ginny has a good idea too.

DawnTreader said...

Nice that you found a crystal Nativity for your nook - at half price. And a photo challenge too! ;) It's really tricky to get the right light to take good photos of glass items.

We seem to have imported Black Friday to Sweden, without bothering to even also import Thanksgiving... I did go into town yesterday but only for items I needed anyway and none of them were on sale.

Ann said...

I didn't look at the top pictures and just started reading. I was confused because I never heard of Tuesday Morning before. I LOVE the crystal Nativity. You will eventually get a picture of it that you are happy with. In the meantime we are already happy with the pictures you have so far.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it does pay to shop around. I love the new Nativity scene, very pretty.
The last photo is my favorite. Happy Saturday!

Pam said...

Morning Sandra....haha, something new for you to play with. I love it. I have only had one Nativity scene and I think I gave it to my daughter years ago in one of those attempts to scale down some. That one is so pretty.

Jo said...

Oh Sandra, so great you found this at half the price! I love the second to last picture. As Ginny says, turn the lights out, add a flash light and see how that turns out. (show us in a post!) Have a great weekend. Jo

My Mind's Eye said...

MS I have never seen a cut glass nativity!! It is just lovely and worth every single penny you didn't spend on the other stuff
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Great lesson in 'good things come to those who wait'!
I particularly like the (next-to) last image under the soft peach glow.

Maybe I should put 'adopt a nativity' on my bucket list. I've never owned one!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a beautiful Nativity set!! Have you tried twinkling it it up a bit with twinkle lights?? In my mind, twinkle lights make everything better ;-)! In the meantime just have lots of fun enjoying it!

I skip Black Friday now too and try to head out for Small Business Saturday instead!

Jackie See said...

A beautiful bargain!

Chatty Crone said...

That was so cool for half price. I think I like the photo with the candles behind it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is so beautiful!

Linda P said...

The crystal Nativity is beautiful. I know you love glass items so it's just right for your nook. I like the last photo best.

Anni said...

Natural Florida sunlight in a window?

IT'S GORGEOUS SANDRA!! It'll be a valuable traditional beauty...year after year!

Anni said...

Maybe a light from above...like the star in the east (Bethlehem?)

Rose said...

I like them all!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That Nativity scene is gorgeous. I can see it would be a challenge to get a good photo pf it.These are not bad at all.

KB said...

What fun photos of your nativity scene!

My husband is one of those "to the bones cheap" types. You and he would never buy anything if you combined forces! ;)

Gayle said...

I once heard that a person should wait two weeks and if they still want it; then buy it. I guess we need to up that to a month because in your case it sure paid off.
It's so pretty in the photos I can imagine the joy you will have with it right there to gaze at.

photowannabe said...

That nativity set is amazing. So glad you got that and at a terrific price.
You are the ultimate shopper I think!