Saturday, February 25, 2017

Excercise Extraordinaire



I tried to bend over and touch my toes, and when I decided I could only wave at them, I thought there must be some excericse that will burn calories that will not kill me. That will give me PURPOSE.

Using house work as exercise I created The List... this includes everything I hate to do that is listed under HOUSEWORK...

Taking all the STUFF out of dresser drawers, closets, cabinets..... My New Motto is      remove/purge/replace...... UCK!

Socks with holes, socks with no matching sock, bras not worn in 10 years.. (when I start to throw away things that don't fit or are worn, I think What if in the future I get so poor I can't buy any, I COULD wear these if I Had to, Right?).

As I cleaned a shelf in the bathroom I thought, why do I have a bottle of makeup that I am allergic to? Will someone else want it? will I suddenly NOT be allergic to it and use it before it hardens from old age? TOSSED IT... Will this gunky mascara someday thin itself out and become usable again?

Will shoes in boxes that have not been worn in 10 years EVER be worn? ( one pair when I took them out of the storage box, the rubber heals had melted into crumbs of rubber, I KID YOU NOT)

I buy a new bathing suit every 6 months because I swim daily at the YMCA, they get thin and stretched. I keep the old one  for use in  our pool.. so why do I have SIX stretched suits in the closet? Will I ever run out of stretched suits and need these? Don't I get a NEW stretched suit every six months?

TO BE CONTINUED...

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes indeedy..I think the same things while I am throwing away useless things. What if we become poor, and then I need the things I have thrown away. Well, we can justify keeping anything I guess. You are doing great, keep at it! Amazing what you are finding, and you are getting exercise and moving as well.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem! I have been working on my closet for a week now.

Hootin Anni said...

I believe you about the melting and erosion of your shoes...we had the same thing happen with our luggage wheels!!!

Ann said...

I'm the same way about throwing things out. My remove/purge/replace efforts have slowed way down since I got to my craft room. Not only is it hard to get rid of craft stuff but I get distracted and start playing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sometimes it is hard throwing things out. But, if we didn't we would all be hoarders. I did donate a lot of clothes, some never worn.

Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

From the Kitchen said...

I'm making notes.

Best,
Bonnie

My Mind's Eye said...

Over the last two years I have FORCED my self to evaluate what I really wore during the past season. If I didn't wear it or forgot I had it. I probably won't wear it...and I'm getting older than dirt so eventually I might not even remember it. Toss it too
Hugs
Cecilia

Marie said...

last week a non-profit company picked up a big bag of clothes etc from us. we wrote the word Inspire on it and they picked it up right outside our home. :) I'm slowly but surely still cleaning out my drawers and closets. the junk drawers are the worse and hubby and son just keeping throwing stuff in there and then asking me to find things for them. lol
we're off to look at four houses, wish me luck. :) one has a three car garage and if it were up to hubby and son choose they would choose that one just for the garages. lol
have fun today!
Marie

Ohmydearests said...

Yes, I wonder why weekend keep things we know we will never use again.... It is so freeing to get rid of those things...

Cheryl @ TFD said...

We think alike when it comes to tossing things out. I'm like 'I might need that some day' and I haven't yet. lol! I have clothes that I've kept that are so out of style and besides that, they don't fit now. Why do I keep them? I dunno, I guess I might need them some day. ha!
Love the "waving at your toes". I can relate to that, too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are awesome deep thoughts. You reminded me that we have a pick up coming soon and I should get rid of all the bra's I never wear!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Way to go! It takes a lot of discipline to toss out certain things, but I am sure that later you will be glad you did.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh good grief, this sounds way too familiar! LOL The other day I cleaned the hall closet and took out swim suits. I could tell which ones were the oldest because the elastic had petrified and crumbled. :-)

Mevely317 said...

Guilty, party of one! I've too many articles of clothing I'll never wear again, but (they) hold lots of sentimental value. A few years ago I gathered my courage and took my cocktail gown to a nice consignment shop in Phoenix ... only to be told (rather snot-ily, by the way) that it was too old fashioned. I took that as a sign we're meant to be together ... forever.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I do the same thing...saving the old, worn flannel shirt...to wear when I paint..paint what???? I don't paint!!! Save it for yard work along with the other 20 tops I use for yard work but only end up wearing 3!!!...:)JP

Rose said...

I sometimes to this...maybe not these exactly. But I kid you not, there have been two or three things I have gotten rid of after not using them for years, and turned around and needed them in the next few days~!

Pam said...

Toss the old ones! And as you lose you will be able to find smaller ones to add to the closet!