Saturday, November 27, 2021

Fun Moments from my Comments

 


The first thing I do each morning is grab my coffee and hit my comments that are on my blog. The morning after the post about Turkey from Aldi, I had to sip between the laughs at these comments.


These comments brought to mind in 1986 my son's young wife, cooked her turkey by stuffing it in the microwave because the pan would not fit and took it out when the gravy started running out the door.

Also Bob's first wife way back in 1957, put raw burger in her first ever Spaghetti Sauce she made.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

My Mind's Eye has left a new comment on your post "My First Visit to Aldi":

The very first time I cooked a whole turkey 20+ years ago I had no idea there was a bag of giblets inside. Mama was going to make the dressing and gravy. She asked where is the giblet bag? Lesson learned. Some turkey breast have a thermometer on them that pops out when they are done.

Hugs Cecilia

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

easyweimaraner has left a new comment on your post "My First Visit to Aldi":

we had such an adventure with a goose... we got it once as a thank you for help...it did not fit in the oven, so a smart man said we put it outside on our terrace so it can thaw and then we can cut it apart... we forgot something too... the berds, who thought it is a free x-mas meal, the half frozen goose looked like the loser of a shooting party with machine gun kelly ;O(

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Mevely317 commented on "My First Visit to Aldi"

2 hours ago

Girl, I'm laughing SO hard! I, too, share a (not-so) exaggerated fear of under-cooking poultry or pork. Several years ago everyone was raving about doing turkey breasts in the crock-pot. Of course, I had to try it, too. The result was disgusting

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

and the one I am going to follow from now on.... IS the Winner, because not only did I laugh, this one has MY KIND OF ADVICE and Easy to Follow....

CheerfulMonk commented on "My First Visit to Aldi" 9 hours ago

I sympathize completely, but I don't hate to cook because I don't do it. At least you got some blog fodder out of it. 😀❤️

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤



15 comments:

Tigger's Mum said...

I think we missed all that fun. This week had been our version of the week from hades. Some catch up is required. The only goose we ever cooked came out of the oven in a swimming pool of grease. Fortunately F had put it in a very deep pan. ALDI - in UK we lived close to one and F used it sometimes - she loved their cheese bread. xxx Mr T

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The comments are funny. My microwave is not big enough to even fit a turkey inside. I will check to see if I can find a small turkey breast for the slow cooker. Thanks for the morning laugh! Have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I always love to read the comments of a post I've enjoyed, as much as the post itself - partly to enjoy the responses, but also to ensure I don't end up repeating the same (some posts create a generic response - none of yours, I hasten to add!) I too had noted Monk's comment and thought it brilliant! YAM xx

Ann said...

These are all great comments. They made for a really good post.

Mevely317 said...

You've done it again ... made me laugh. (And it feels SO good.) My personal favorite was the raw hamburger meat -- followed closely by the wannabe Thanksgiving goose.

Because he heard my father talk about enjoying a goose as a boy, one year my former husband decided to make one for him. Unfortunately, none of us counted on all the grease! Nor, my little son running away from home in the snow because we messed with tradition and didn't do a turkey. (Fortunately, he only got as far as the end of our street.)

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL MOL BOL
lessons learned the hard way are forever in your minds
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

I wish I could do like The Cheerful Monk and not cook...at least part of the time. I don't mind cooking at all if I want what I am fixing, or if Roger wants it. Except I cook early in the evening because I am so worn out by that time of day. But there are days I just hate the thought of food and wish we could go to a food bank and fill up like we fill our cars with gas.

Chatty Crone said...

My daughter in law volunteered to cook the turkey - she left the giblets in too.

photowannabe said...

I always read everyone's comments on your blog...they are almost as entertaining as your post itself.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Now I'm in crazy mode trying to get Christmas decor up and all the eBay "stuff" hidden away for our bible study holiday potluck on Tuesday. So much to do and so little time. I'm glad all I have to do is prepare the ham. The others bring everything else. We will have 12 for dinner.
So what am I doing on the computer? I just can't seem to get started this morning...
Sue

Olde Dame Holly said...

"I Blog for Comments" -- that's my motto! I love blog comments, always learn something!

Hootin Anni said...

Cecilia...that was funny.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

that's a great comment from Rose - regarding human fuel/gas stations - I've always wanted a "one meal pill" that all I have to do is unscrew the lid, extract one and swallow with a cup of water. Maybe some where the lines of jelly beans or M&Ms

CheerfulMonk said...

😀 I love you, Sandra! ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Those stories are great and fun to read. I once cooked a turkey and when it came to the great moment of carving, pffft!!!! It was like we had popped a balloon. The skin had been so nice and crisp but we had to go hunt for the meat which had shriveled up into one tiny corner of that bird. 40 years ago I would have cried. 40 years on I laughed til I cried. Thank goodness for the fixings!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't believe that about the microwave!!! Oh my on the raw hamburger. Those were fun to read.