Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Rewards Shopping...


I am so egg-cited to see you here.. and I know you are egg-cited to find out about my morning of Rewards Shopping....

Saturday AM.. email from K-Mart stated my $10.00 in Rewards would expire that day. I needed to spend 25.00 to get 10.00 off.

The week before I found a stainless steel dish drainer and since mine was on it last wire, I carried it around and then put it back. It was 12.99 but my stingy side said WHAT? that is to much for a dish drainer. (I could have justifed the 12.99 by telling myself I have lived 72 years without a dishwasher)

I decide I will go get it and find something else I needed, cause I GOT  to spend those rewards.

What to my wondering eyes did appear? a SALE sign under the drainer for $7.64.. OH NO. now what? Spend the $7.64 and go home? but what about MY TEN DOLLARS??

I walked around the end cap and WOW! there sat the handy dandy Red Copper Frying Pan that Bob and I had just seen on TV that very morning. The claim was NOTHING WILL EVER STICK on this pan. I discussed ordering one but talked myself out of it. AND THERE IT WAS.. $19.99..under a big sign that said As Seen On TV...NO stick, LIFETIME guarantee...AntiScratch, can be used in oven..

I ran to the cashier and explain about the email. She looks my rewards up on line and it says spend 30.00 to get 10.00 off. (yes, i did leave the email printed, laying on the counter at home). She says you only need Three Dollars more. she warns me, no food, no gum, no pharmacy, no clearance items, no lots more stuff. I leave the merchandise with her, run 10 feet and pick up a teeny tiny size Medium Ladies Tank Top that I could not get on my LEG, but it cost THREE DOLLARS and throw it up on the counter. It comes to 30 I pay her 20. I now have the drainer and the fry pan for 20.00 .

(NOTE: the cashier gave me a strange look when I put the teeny tiny tank top in the pile, so I said, I will donate it to our YMCA thrift store that just opened)
On the way home I entertained myself trying to decide if  I paid 10 each for my purchase, or did I pay 7.64 for the drainer and 12.36 for the pan, or did I pay 12.36 for the pan and 7.64 for the drainer...

BUT Wait there is MORE...to be continued


22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

MORE?? I can't wait!! For me, the only thing better than shopping is hearing friend's stories about THEIR shopping!! And yes, I was going to ask to see the drainer! But surprise, you showed it! The new pan is pretty and I want periodic updates on it's non-stickability. Your money calculations make my head spin, all I know is you got a great deal! Which makes shopping even MORE fun!! Can you tell I'm excited along with you?

Breathtaking said...

Good morning Sandra!:) Entertaining read, and two bargain purchases. I had to smile at the tank top though! Bring it on,...what next!!:=)

Karen said...

Well, I was content this morning until I read your blog, now I am envious of your great bargains lol I can't wait for the sequel!!

crafty cat corner said...

I'm hyperventilating here, it all sounded a bit frantic, can't wait to get the next installment. lol
Briony
x

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great bargains. I saw that frying pan advertised on TV, I thought it was more than $20. Maybe I saw a bigger one? They do look nice, let me know how you like it. I do not think we have Kmarts in our area any more, they all closed. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

MS can you hear us clapping and LOLing/MOLing?
Yay you our ultimate shopping buddy
Hugs madi and mom

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love deal shopping! Let us know how the non stick pan holds up....nice to donate also

Jackie See said...

Sandra, you are so funny! We lost all of our Kmarts and now we are worried about losing our Sears too. Those skillets are great, I got one for Christmas and I love it. ~jackie~

Anonymous said...

Picture number one . We love that pan.

We have been using it for Months. A great sale.

Hubby is the cook so he loves to make me Sundays because I love the fav he makes.

Home fried potatoes and then fried egg over the potatoes and side plate brown toast. So I can dip in the runny yellow of the egg And a cup of coffee.

We have stone burners in our apt. That never burns food. So with this sweet pan.

Everything is cooked Walla.

Other items you have. I have too many clothes. I will wait for Winter . I need winter clothes but I pay mostly regular prices in that. I don't care.

Anonymous said...

I mean slow burners in our apt.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Can't wait to read more about it!

Linda said...

Hahahahaha!!!!! Either way - you certainly had a great time spending that free $$$!

Pam said...

You shopping lady you....haha. I hear those skillets are great.

Hootin Anni said...

I've seen those copper frying pans and considered getting myself one. Now, I will anxiously await an update on how 'good' they really are.

Great way to save money. And fun...and bringing your step count up at the same time.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope you enjoy that pan as much as I do mine.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go. We have the Cooper Pot which we bought off of the TV commercial almost a year ago. It was my birthday present. We have since bought one a Bed Bath & Beyond for Adam and Gabby. We all love it. It is the pot we always use!! Enjoy your fry pan and drainer.....

Sandi said...

"I could have justifed the 12.99 by telling myself I have lived 72 years without a dishwasher)..."


What. I can not comprehend this! ;-)

Rose said...

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story! And also to see what you think of the pan!

Mevely317 said...

You're so funny, Sandra!
I've seen copper pans everywhere, but I'm in a self-imposed "no buy" mode right now. That may all change once I read your Real Review! :)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Go MS!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Ann Thompson said...

I dont have that pan but we have pans witha ceramic finish and they are really nice

DeniseinVA said...

I love how you think and I can't wait to see 'more' ;)