I have no photos to post today due to the following story of 48 hours without my computer. (photos must be opitimized/compressed or blog is slow to open, and I have not installed software yet because I am nearly bald from yanking on my head getting this infernal machine back like it was BEFORE the virus.)
I will send you to one of my favorite blogs that I did in my first month and it only had 1 comment CLICK HERE
1. Wed 1 PM: log on to blog/email, recieve POP UP from IP (internet provider) stating "our server has detected massive email malicious malware emanating from your modem to our server. click on link provided"
NOPE, may not be my IP, someone could be fooling me
2. Dial 611 ( ER number on my IP phone) to verify message. Push 1 for English (i will not go there) THEN it is voice activated. the female voice gives me choices, evidently her hearing is NOT southern accent related. 30 minutes later I hang up, because YES it is true. He says it could be coming through your wireless from a neighbor, we can't tell, check your security on your wireless (Linksy) and you really should get a new one, yours is not as secure as the new ones. GREAT!
3. Since I have no idea how to check it I dial Linksy next, push buttons, this time it is numbers. Rep says, sorry we can't talk to you, your router is 4 years old and out of warranty, it will cost you 29.00 to ask questions. "we have a new router called Valet that is super easy for 99.99 and I can have it there in 3 days."
I say "if i buy the Valet will you be able to answer questions about the one I have?" supervisor says NO. i say good bye.
4. I call Webroot my anti virus provider, push buttons, ask if he can help since it was their antivirus that let the virus in and I am paying for a subscription. He states. " 129.99 will get you a diasnotic run and virus removed, but that might not fix your problem. I suggest you have a local tech (geek) look at it. thank you, I will
4. by this time it is 3:30 pm and unplug a gazillion wires/plug ins get bob to put the desk top in the car, run down to Staples to the EASY Drop off desk (HA) I left the store at 4:30.
my options were 129.99 (sound familar) to diagnose remove OR 99.99 to wipe it back to 2006 condition when I bought it) I choose this option because I have had problems for over a year and was told repeatedly to do this. He says "did you bring the operating disk?" NO, who would have? not me, it has a VIRUS for pete's sake.
Promised with in 72 hours and Guess What? Calls at hour number 28 and says your computer is ready for pickup. we close in 5 minutes.
tomorrow will be the Rest Of The story and I should have ONE photo Maybe to go with it.