Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just Jake!


Above is Jake's Most Favorite Spot in our backyard. It is lizard heaven.


 I LOVE DOGS… but then you all know that.  What you might not know is I LOVE Ugly Dogs.  My first dog, Sticky Baby was the ugliest dog in the rescue, I was 8 years old and mother and daddy kept pointing out dogs, I said NO I want that one because he is ugly and no one else will take him.   



At age 11, I lived in campus housing at Clear Creek Mountain Preachers School. My dad was attending school and the school had a no pets on campus rule.
Ginger the pregnant stray appeared at our door one fine morning (just maybe she followed me home) and guess who began feeding her. 6 pups came along and grew and grew.
The dean called daddy in his office and said, you are not allowed to have dogs on campus. Daddy said we don’t have dogs, those are strays.
The dean called Animal control and had them round up all the strays on campus and to keep  them while they gathered dogs, they locked them in a garage on campus.  

To be continued

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

His favorite spot looks very coosy :)
Nice story, and it's good that people like you exist - your dogs is well taken care of.
Have a great day my friend, just about getting ready for work here at my end.

Eva

SquirrelQueen said...

I can tell Jake likes that spot. Love the way the plant shadows play on Jake's fur.

Did you let the dogs go as fast as they caught them, I think I would have?

BlueShell said...

Not ugly dogs...he's handsome...LOL

Louisette said...

Lovely dog, greeting from Belgium

Remington said...

Great pics! Jake is awesome! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story....

Rose said...

Jake is not ugly!!!! BVut then maybe you were not including him.

TexWisGirl said...

jake shows off those shadows well.

EG CameraGirl said...

I didn't know there's any such thing as an ugly dog. :))

Marie said...

Jake has good taste! That looks like a pretty and relaxing spot. Well for him I guess it's play time. :) He looks so happy in his favorite spot! Love the shadows! His stripes make me think of a tiger. :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I love it, that you love ugly dogs. Those which will not be chosen. Love it!!!

I'm worried about where this story is going though... Don't like to think of dogs left in a garage... -sigh-

Amy Burzese said...

I go for the underpriviledged ones too.

Betty Manousos said...

hey jake, good dog!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos of Jake in the shadows! My cats love to chase lizards!

Unknown said...

After all the attention Baby girl got It is about time jake got some kisses. LOL

Ann said...

Jake does look quite content in his environment. I cheated and read the next post first so I had to come down and read here to get the beginning of the story.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Awww...he's not ugly! He's cute!

Angela said...

I don't think Jake is ugly. He's unusual looking compared to the types of dogs I've ever been around all my life but that is what I like about him. He's got an unusual looking coat to me. I'm used to furry dogs. Jazz has so much fur I call her a bear cub all the time! lol

Chatty Crone said...

Hi - good story. sandie