Monday, July 27, 2009

Toad's Eye VIEW




A few months ago, I rescued a tiny toad from our pool. I posed him on my husbands finger to take his photo. He was only 3/4 of an inch and soooo cute. Click on picture to see HOW cute he is.

Today's Post is what I think this little guy sees from his habitat.





Recently, I purchased a Nikon Coolpix, purely for the purpose of the ability to tote that tiny thing in my pocket every time I left home. I have several cameras and did not NEED the camera but bought it anyway.


I leave the camera by my car keys and when I grab the keys, I drop the camera in my pocket.





Saturday Morning just before daylight, I rushed out the door and 8 blocks from home, my headlights picked up white things in my neighbors grass.




OF COURSE, I had left the Nikon on the table. I fussed at me all the way to the store and when I got home, fussed about it some more to my husband. Some of the things I said were my concerns over my MEMORY or LACK there of as I get older. My husband said go back down there, I pettishly said, I don't WANT to go back down there. And Did not. Around 10:30 I decided to go to the library and even though it was EIGHT blocks out of my way in the opposite direction, I drove to the site of the mushrooms/toadstool stools.




The sun was shining, the sky was magnificent, blue with white puffy clouds. Who knew but a TOAD what my camera would see when I sat it on the ground and snapped away.





This is what a toad sees from under his little home. I know, they don't really live there, but in this story they do.







The largest was 6 inches across and only about 4 inches tall. In these pictures from the ground they look like trees.















There is a point to this story. If I had remembered the camera, the photos would all be black background with a toadstool. The good thing is, by the time I got back there in the middle of the morning the background was beautiful. If I had taken the photos in the dark, I would not have gone back to take them in the sunlight.
As it turned out, I have much prettier pictures than if my memory had not shorted out on me. Also you would be looking at BLACK background Not Sky and grass. CLICK on Pictures to see what the toad really sees.
Lest we forget................
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Your story proves, that for everything there is a reason.
Beautiful pictures. Lucky little frog has a beautiful home. :-)

Peggy said...

Hi Sandra!

Love the toadstool photos--a new perspective is always fun!

Thanks for the comment on my blog! The new puppy can be seen on my Photo Miscellanea blog, at http://photo-misc.blogspot.com (I don't know how to post a link in a comment, unless it converts it automatically...). Right now he is the top post. He's such a sweetie!

Peggy