Thursday, October 22, 2009

Emerson Point Wildflowers

Snugged in small tight places I found this little yellow flower, no bigger than a dime. Emerson Preserve is home to many wild flowers.
Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into. ~Henry Beecher, Life Thoughts, 1858
Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"
Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity. ~John Ruskin



If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Audra Foveo



A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books. ~Walt Whitman



Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair... ~Susan Polis Shutz



Discovering this idyllic place, we find ourselves filled with a yearning to linger here, where time stands still and beauty overwhelms.


I close with these seed pods, I picked them off a bush, I have no idea what it was, but the color of the pods caught my eyes and they now reside in a dish on my shelf.
I hope you did not miss the details on these, remember to click on the photo to really SEE what is there. Click back to go back to the blog.


4 comments:

Beverly said...

I love the single leaf. Stunning.

MedaM said...

I enjoyed this post full of various and colourful flowers. The photos are especially beautiful when are enlarged. I think that I’ve never seen the flowers which photo is placed between Black Eye Susan and Morning Glory photos. Those little white flowers look really beautiful and attractive. And the red and black seed pods look really interesting and beautiful. Beautiful photos, indeed!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Today, your blog was my breakfast. First a feast for my eyes, then my stomach later. This is just wonderful. For some reason, it brought me to tears. My love of wildflowers is boundless. None of those pampered roses or hot house divas for me. My husband actually has the nerve to call some of them weeds!! I guess it's all relative. I have been working on a few wildflower posts for a while. But I digress. Your pink flower with the yellow edges is remarkable. And the butterfly! You really need to click on that one. How did you do it? The seeds I will call Ladybug Seeds. And I adore the one leaf, also those strange looking white flowers. I truly hope you never lose your enthusiam for this blog, it would be a loss to many.

Unknown said...

Very small flowers are worth the time to find them. So beautiful.