Sunday, November 12, 2017

Speaking of Pine Cone Redux




Writing about  the falling pine cones in yesterday post, I had a flashback to 5 years ago and my fun with our pine cones.. This is a RePost from 2012

This is my Redneck Fireplace.... Bob has a set of two  of these, they are pots for melting lead.


 As you can see if you enlarge the photos, the redneck fireplace is loaded with a pine cone, pine straw and dead leaves and about 20 matches..... you would THINK that many matches would act like kindling wood. NOT!


I was snapping and whining  "it JUST will NOT  burn, all it is doing is smoking.... Stop! you will burn your hand, "I yelled as Bob put more pine straw on it.


Bob kept piling on straw and I kept saying "only the STRAW is burning, I want the cone to burn"

As he huffed and puffed and blew on the straw, it flamed up as I yelled

"be careful, you will catch your beard on fire. besides the ONLY thing burning is the pine straw, I want the pine cone to burn"


I said "stop! I want to burn it! Let me!'
He said " you know you are a pyromaniac"
I said "we already KNEW that!"



 Well, we proved pine straw burns... do you think the pine cone will?

to be continued... if you missed the first one click on the pine cone label below the last photo


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The fire in these pictures IS very pretty. No, I don't remember this, so it will be a fun surprise. My guess would be that if it hasn't burned yet, it won't. Unless you maybe dump gasoline on it. And I wouldn't put it past you. Very favorite picture is #3. I don't know what you did with that smoke, but it is gorgeous!

diane b said...

Lovely photos but probably easy for a pyromaniac

Ann said...

I won't cheat and look back to see if it burned before. I'm thinking it will but maybe needs to be more dried out.

Anonymous said...

I love the smoke and fire photos. I remember when I was little, my parents would buy some color crystals for us to sprinkle on pine cones to toss in the fireplace. The flames would be pretty colors!

Hootin Anni said...

I like the snap crackle and pop a pine cone makes when burning. This is almost like an incense burner for outdoors!!! Nothing like the fragrance of pine. I like it.

PS...love the glass stakes. And, as you say, not a bad price...especially when you add up the cost if buying each piece individually.

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh no not a burning gray beard...tell Bob he needs to braid his beard before burning.
Hugs Cecilia

Karen said...

Ditto to what Mildred commented. I wonder what it was that our pine cones were treated with? Will have to do some research!

Linda said...

Burn, Baby! BURN!!!!

DawnTreader said...

Oh, I thought you had been "at it" again... :O

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sometimes being a pyromaniac pays off!

KB said...

I think that Bob is right - you are a pyromaniac! But it got you some wonderful photos!

Rose said...

I love playing with fire, too...I think the pinecone burned...

Inger said...

In your hands even a pine cone will make me laugh!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The pictures of the fire look great. Now to wait and see how the story ends.

Pam said...

Nothing like sitting around a redneck fire pit...haha

Ohmydearests said...

Fire certainly is fascinating...glad nobody got hurt...