Friday, October 2, 2009

Unconditional Surrender


If you remember seams down your hose, you just might be officially old.






Notice the scale of the car and the hem of her dress


If you remember this pose splashed all over the papers and magazines, you may be officially old.


This Colossal Kissing Couple is a 26 foot statue in downtown Sarasota FL. Her foot is at least 25 inches or more, to help you imagine how big it is. You can tell by the trees and buildings, this is not an Average Couple. the artist names it Unconditional Surrender and someone donated 700,000 to keep the statue in Sarasota. It has been moved around the country and was here a few years ago, now it will be permanent. There are 2 sides fighting over the couple. One hates it and say it is not art, the other loves it and says it is art. What do you think?





4 comments:

Beverly said...

I love it. Every time I pass by I think I need to stop and take some photos. You've done a good job.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad I found your blog! It just makes me happy to read it. I never know what I'll find. I love this post. Especially the way you posted the pictures so that we get just a bit more of a glimpse with each one. Very suspensful. The last one is, of course, the best. It's spectacular. Of course I would vote to keep it. Do the naysayers have any good reasons for getting rid of it? What harm could it possibly do? And what a clever name. We just had a similar situation here in Waynesboro, so I think I'll try and blog it the way you did. You have great ideas.

Sunny said...

I think it's a neat statue, it's sort of an iconic image. Just wonder why it had to be quite so tall.
Sunny :)

DawnTreader said...

That's nearly as tall as a 9 m high Pinnochio statue in my town - lots of arguments about that one too ;) I'd classify yours as art for sure, I think it looks good against those tall buildings in the background. (Came over here from your 2012 post)