Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday Thoughts


How long has it been since we have seen one of these? I found this one yesterday and grabbed a picture of it, since they are almost extinct. Now I am back to the age thing. Vernon Grounds said this and it makes sense to me. "I think god has planned the strength and beauty of yourth to be physical, but the strength and beautyof age is spiritual. We gradually lose the strength and beauty that is temporary so we will be sure to concentrate on the strength and beauty which is forever. Also we will be eager to leave the temporary, deteriorating part of us and be truly homesick for our eternal home."

3 comments:

RoeH said...

Man those are becoming fewer and fewer. I was just thinking about this the other day. I have been very blank lately at thinking up what to post. I've hit a wall or something. Crazy.

Unknown said...

I can not remember when I last saw one of these.
Parking meters would be a good subject for a blog. Lets see what we can come up with.

Judy said...

I remember, as a child, having to always carry a dime in case I needed help and had to call home.(I was a teenager when calls were a dime.)

I love the quote and can really relate to it!