Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Knots Prayer

If you don't hear from me for a day here and there, I am busy working on a major project for the nursing home where I volunteer. Today I have a First for me. No Photo, just this poem I received in email yesterday. It spoke to me and I hope it will to you.

The Knots Prayer
Dear god:
Please untie the Knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots,
may nots,
might nots that may find
a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life
and most of all,
Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life all of the "am nots"
especaily the thought
that I am not good enough.
Amen.

Author Known To God

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, this is just wonderful! No pictures needed. Hmmm,wonder who it could apply to? I think I will record it for the church prayer line.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Perfect prayer, Sandra... It is a post which needs no picture. We all need to get the knots (NOTS) out of our lives.

Hope your project goes well.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dawning Inspiration said...

Thank you Sandra for your kind words. I hope your project goes well.... hugs to you.

DawnTreader said...

Thanks Sandra. Adding that to my quotations collection! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that poem/prayer. Never heard it before - just perfect :o)

Hope the project goes well. I shall miss your posts. xx

Tipper said...

I liked the poem-and I hope your project goes well : )

SquirrelQueen said...

The poem paints its own picture. Those kNOTS are never good, we all need a reminder now and then to get them out of our lives.