Friday, May 14, 2010

Eyes of the Beholder


“A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.”
                                                       Charles H. Spurgeon quotes

“Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun.
*
Care for those around you. Look past your differences. Their dreams are no less than yours, their choices no more easily made.
*
And give, give in any way you can, of whatever you possess. To give is to love. To withhold is to wither.
*
 Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace.”
                                                                                 Eyemadreamer Kent Nerburn

John 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

11 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I love these shots, you've really managed to catch the beauty even in the withering flowers. They look like they were made of wrapping tissue paper.

Unknown said...

Fantastic blog Sandra. I don't remember ever seeing these flowers at this stage. Great Poetry too.

Anonymous said...

They are still very pretty flowers :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful quotes! Most of these I have not heard before. That plant is so pretty, even in this state. I can't quite tell whether it's coming or going, looks like coming. It looks like crepe paper.

Sunny said...

The beauty still remains. Perfect quotes.
Happy weekend.
Sunny :)

Dawning Inspiration said...

Where do you find your quotes? Inquiring minds want to know!! ;o)

Kilauea Poetry said...

I enjoy withered flowers..captured with the passing day or in the changing seasons! Terrific! Sandra, your quotes are excellent today..well worth reading again!! Thank you- your post has spoken to me!

Kilauea Poetry said...

Sandra..I had to come back and see your flowers via my computer and not my phone (the image is actally very nice on the blkberry-enlarges pretty good to)..but I get the whole screen here! I think they do resemble crepe paper..very pretty!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures and quotes, Sandra. Flowers --just like people--can be pretty, even as they are fading. I get so upset at the older celebrities who get a ton of face lifts to make them look younger. Actually they look WORSE to me (Example: Joan Rivers and Mary Tyler Moore). I'd much see them growing older --and looking good even as they 'fade'....
Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

Wonderful quotes, I don't remember ever seeing the last set before. Flowers are beautiful at every stage of growth and your photos prove it.

Hibiscus?

Tipper said...

Love the quotes-the photos-and I love the jewels below too : )