Saturday, March 26, 2011

While you were sleeping....

Saturday AM I was peering into the tomato bushes and counting. 69 and counting... one bush has 17. Bob said look at the red tree! Yowsa! it has so many blooms it looks like fur.....


Can you guess what MadSnapper was doing while you were sleeping in? at 6:30 AM? NIGHT SHOTS with a flash, what else?


this is our dwarf powder puff bush, given to us as a  gift from a bird we think. Bob found it many years ago a little seedling growing through our fence.
This bush blooms year round, it is rare for it to have no blooms, but at times, it does THIS. we can see it out of our bedroom window and our kitchen window. it glows when the sun hits it.


this last photo is our large, very large powder puff bush, it still has a few weeks of blooming, and then the green thumb will hack it down to the ground.

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think taking these pictures in the dark,using a flash,helps to make the flowers show up more.Very pretty.

Sue McPeak said...

How fun to Flash Photo at night! The red fluffy/furrey blooms remind of of Mimosa...only it's Pink! So ya'll have that many tomatoes, huh? I think I have 4 little green ones! They are only four weeks old...at least in my dirt! We will have bunches in a couple of months!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Love that PINK!

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

Great shots. Now you've inspired me to get out there and stalk something in the wee hours.

The dogs and goats are going to be so confused ;)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I KNEW this was the powder puff bush at first glance, it has always been a favorite of mine from your yard. I guess you COULD even use one of those to put your face powder on!!

Chatty Crone said...

Ahat a nice gift from a bird - it's beautiful - and getting up at 6:30 am to take a picture? You are devoted. sandie

Scott Law said...

I read the first couple sentences of your post two or three times and still didn't see the "r" in peering until finally. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

SquirrelQueen said...

Yep, I was definitely sleeping while you were having an early morning photo shoot. Those are beautiful blooms even with the flash the color is stunning.

Ann said...

Sleeping in? What the heck is that? Geez if I would have known you were up at that hour taking pictures I could have joined you :)
That is such a pretty bush, all that color, wow. How come birds never drop something like that in my yard? The only thing they ever drop is the little bombs on my car windshield...lol

Regina said...

There is nothing like having something this beautiful blooming continuously!! I find them very attractive and can imagine when the sun hits it!

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous!