Monday, May 2, 2011

Idiot & The Eggs!!

Which came first? the Idiot or the Eggs?
 Saturday 6:30 AM... Idiot enters Saturn Vue in dark garage, drives to Wal-Mart for weekly supplies
7:15 AM Idiot reaches Cashier, places eggs on rolling thingy LAST to protect from breakage.

7:30 AM (in line 15 minutes) Idiot opens very heavy hatch, places 2 dozen eggs on ledge with note to self to remember to move them before closing door.
NOTE: always place eggs in trunk LAST to protect from breakage.
135.00 of STUFF goes in, Idiot slams  big heavy hatch door.

Did Idiot move eggs BEFORE she slammed the door?
NOT!!!!! No Way! Nada!

Idiot drives home with gooey egg stuff dripping from bags, places in sink, washes gooey stuff off (this would make good glue), places eggs in plastic container because both egg containers are crushed and have yellow drippy, gooey, gluey stuff all over them.
Out of 2 dozen eggs, how many did the Idiot salvage from 2 dozen? above are the eggs SAVED

I did salvage SOME of the broken eggs by dumping from egg carton into a container for hubby to make an omelet.
Hubby of Idiot says leaving them already crushed and in a closed container made them taste better today.
Husband of idiot commented "that was the best omelet I ever tasted" No Kidding, he did say this.

Does anyone believe that? Call me and I will bring my Vue to test it for you.

If your eyes are not hurting from the story, this post made me remember a joke I love..... Read On If Able!

Can you relate to this joke????

Young Susie was having trouble with her computer so she called Wes, the computer guy, over to her desk. Wes clicked a couple buttons and solved the problem
As he was walking away Susie called after him, "So, what was wrong?" And he replied, "It was an 'ID ten T' error." A puzzled expression ran riot over Susie's face. " 'An ID ten T' error? What's that, in
case I need to fix it again?"

 He gave her a grin. "Haven't you ever seen an 'ID ten T' error before?" Susie replied, "No." "Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out." . . . . . . . . . . I D 1 0 T

21 comments:

diane b said...

Love your new header. Great shot. You are not an idiot when it comes to photography. Don't we all do dumb things like that. I carefully washed up 4 good wine glasses, put them safely on a tea towel on the bench ready to wipe. Then I started wiping the bench and knocked 2 flying on the floor. Its all to do with short term memory or presence of mind. It all seems to deteriorate with age. My hubby reckons our brain is so full of past memories that it is full up and there isn't any more room for short term ones.

Unknown said...

Oh Dear Sandra an eggselent stort truly eggstrodinary I bet you were eggstremely annoyed with yourself. it is truly an eggsample of idiocy. It made me eggsplode with laughter. Kev

RoeH said...

Awwww......things like this just keep us laughing. I should post all my goof-ups but I'm afraid my computer would have enough memory to write them all down.

And I have selective amnesia!

gigi said...

Funny stuff, sorry about your egg loss.

Unknown said...

With all thats going on in the world today, your post is the most interesting and news worthy item.
As you know we own an SUV, and I can not wait to try out the rear cargo door egg scrambler. I expect we should be able to do three dozen eggs at a time.

It would be a good subject for BLOG
fodder. "How to prepair food in unusual ways".

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sorry,but I'm laughing at your experience.I have to wonder what people who were driving behind you though.Did anyone see this whole thing and go home saying,I wonder what she was thinking? Hope today turns out to be a fantastic day.You deserve it.

Chatty Crone said...

If you are an idiot then we all are! I know we all have probably done the same thing - I'm surprised that you had any left!

You just started the omelet in the car.

sandie♥

From the Kitchen said...

Thank you for your lovely omelet recipe. I, however, will not be preparing it. Does these mean you are getting into the "food blogging arena"? I welcome the competition! = )

Best,
Bonnie

Remington said...

You are not an idiot....stuff happens sometimes....sorry about the eggs....

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Funny egg story

Deb said...

I'm laughing with you....

Scott Law said...

I'd say the ID Ten T did a good job to save 14 of 24 eggs, and still made her husband and omelet. Sounds like a fairly smart idiot to me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I only saw the title of your post and started smiling...I don't understand how you could have saved many that without crushing them all, actually I would like to see a picture of the legde so I can visualize it, maybe put more eggs on it, too, but don't forget to take them off before you close it!!! Ha ha ha!! Maybe you discovered a new omelet preparation. Now instead of beating them up with seasonings, just run out to the car and slam the door down on them. Throw your blender away, ha ha ha ha!!!!!! Perhaps attachements could even be added to the hatch, kind of like a food processor has, I think this would be a dandy infomercial and sell quite a lot. For a name, Hatchmagic!!! Get it Car hatch, but eggs hatch, too? Har har har har har!!!!! I want to go grocery shopping with YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I can't stop laughing with you. Great post. :)

Ann said...

There is a perfectly good reason for doing things like this. As a blogger we need material and stories like this are perfect :)
I can see myself doing the same thing BUT I can not see my husband having the same reaction as yours. He would most likely be calling me an ID 10 T

Regina said...

(lol) this was hillarious..I sympathize with you and have done plenty of OTHER idiotic things!! Well, at least you salvaged some and hubby (snicker) thought his omelet tasted better!
Well I think I've lost a little inspiration, but still working on my garden so thats taking up my focus. Today it's been rainy with thunder from the middle of last night...

Christine said...

Oh, no! It's alright Sandra we all have our own insane moments too!

SquirrelQueen said...

Too funny, we've all been there done that in one way or another. I'm amazed you saved so many of the eggs.

I've seen the ID ten T error before, I used it once with my stepdaughter when I fixed her computer. She was not amused. :)

Dawning Inspiration said...

I'm so sorry - but I am cracking up (no pun intended!)

Good glue, huh? Oy...
Glad hubby enjoyed his omelet... ;o)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sandra, this was too funny and I will avoid all the egg puns cause the best ones have already been taken - no yolk

Betty Manousos said...

sorry for your egg loss.
funny egg story, though.

these things happen sometimes...