Saturday, December 16, 2017

Should Sandra Claus go to Santa College??

Santa Selfies by Samsung Tablet

Thursday TOPS Meeting was our Christmas Brunch and I, the MadSnapper had so much fun. I went as my alter ego, Sandra Claus. I am down another 2.2 lbs. HO HO HO


no photos, TOPS is a weight support group  Five of the women brought the food, and we all put 3 dollars in the kitty to pay for it.... 
TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly.
The menu was
one scoop of chicken salad and a croissant,
fruit salad,
avocado stuffed deviled eggs,
broccoli salad,
veggies and dip,
 a green salad with cauliflower, chopped walnuts, chopped cashews and a homemade dressing with a hint of sweet that was to die for.
Deserts but I did not look at that table so do not know about it.

we each brought a gift. 21 of us sat around a long table with our gift in front of us. The leader read a Christmas story about Jesus and Bethlehem, and it had lots of left and right words. each time she said left, as in they left Jerusalem, we passed to the left and when she said it was the right way to go, we passed to the right. the story was long, the presents went round the table several times and when she said the last right the present in front of us was ours. We opened them and dived on the food.



Did you know there is a Santa College in Colorado? there is Click HERE  I found the info in AARP Bulletin Vol 58 No 10, our Dec issue came this week.  At first i thought i might apply and make myself legal as Sandra Claus, but the article states, must have snow white hair and snow white beard, a real beard and no yellow or color in it and must LOOK like Santa. Shoud Jake and I enroll?

Do you think Jake and I should enroll????


19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Though you always have plenty of Santa spirit, you could never be Santa. Because you are way too skinny. You ARE skinny!! And you have shrunk yourself even more, and are inside your nook now! I love reindeer Jake!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. You look wonderful! That sounds like a delightful time together at TOPS. You and Jake look very festive!

Ann said...

The menu for your party sounds good. We had our party at work yesterday.
I think you and Jake would both make great Santas but I don't know how you're going to grow that beard..lol

Karen said...

The meal sounds delicious and nutritious and your look fabulous! I'm glad you enjoyed the celebration.

Gayle said...

So I'm thinking Sandra Claus would need to wear a pillow in the middle of her costume; thin 'thang' that she has become.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I agree with Gayle above. You will need a pillow to fill in the middle if you want to be Santa Claus. But, then maybe Sandra Claus is the newer leaner Santa. The party sounds like fun and the food I am sure was yummy.

Enjoy your day!

Jo said...

Hi Sandra you are a slender Santa as Ginny says! I've played that pass the parcel game at Christmas parties but never using left and right words. Clever. I'll remember for future. Have a great day. Jo

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh MS what fun you had at your TOPS party and the menu sounded quite delicious. LOL we love your photos today. I'm purrty sure you'd graduated from Santa College with a PhD
Hugs Madi and Mom

Linda said...

You are getting so SKINNY! Pretty soon someone is going to say, “Sandra, you need to eat a little something!” I love it! Congratulations!
I haven’t read the latest issue of AARP yet. Probably arrived while we’ve been gone. I forgot to wear my Santa hat at my Tea Party! I’ll have to remember to wear it Christmas Eve night,

Chatty Crone said...

What a great menu - that is a lot of food! Sandra you look great and you are doing wonderfully. And I saw that article in AARPS. HOHOHOHOHOHO! Love, sandie

Pam said...

Santa College....too cool. I know there used to be a Clown College in Fla. I was going to attend that when I got out of school but I decided against going that far from my family.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Your TOPS journey is such an inspiration Sandra! As far as Santa school is concerned, I think you already have the big heart and jolly soul!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love you selfies! Looks like it was a fun party and the menu sounded delicious.

DawnTreader said...

I was going to say just about the same as Ginny, but she beat me to it :) You're too slim now to be accepted to Santa College ;)

photowannabe said...

Wow...look at you....
You are definitely getting to be Skinny Minnie!
Good for you..I'm so proud of you and your weight loss.
Your party sounds like so much fun and such great food too.
Love the Left and Right game...a fun way to get the gift.
I just got back some of the results of my blood test from yesterday.
So excited ...my A1c number (glucose...diabetes) is now 5.5 and in the normal range of 111
All that means no diabetes but have to work at keeping it there or a bit lower. Its so hard to do especially during the "goodies" party season.
I am forever grateful for my Doctor's blunt approach and her shock treatment to get me back to health again.
God is so good.

Inger said...

You are looking so good! TOPS really works and the food you described sounds wonderful. Avocado deviled eggs! I have to try that! Congrats to the lady above, with the 5.5 A1c. Mine was 6.5 last time, which was very good for me. Probably will be much worse now since I was sick. Anyhow, you look so good and I'm glad you had a good time.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a fun way to do a gift exchange.

Mevely317 said...

Look at you!!! No fancy-schmantzy ($$$) weight loss programs ... just good old will-power and support from your TOPS friends. YAY, you!

The avocado-stuffed deviled eggs sounds SO good, and I love the little pass-the-parcel game.

Jake looks so cute. While setting up for our garage sale I came across an old antlers head-band that belonged to Caraleigh, but I think there's no time to mail it to Jake in time for Christmas.

Rose said...

I think you don't need to go...you done have the spirit and don't need any help.