Friday, January 19, 2018

"Ring" in the New Year


I had to "ring" in the new year.

The ring on your right has been my wedding band for the past 20 years. the narrow one is my new ring and is only 2 mm narrower than the old one. Also 2 sizes smaller. (my body lost 4 sizes, the fingers only 2, whaz up with that?)

The lost of 53 pounds (24 kilograms) caused the ring to fall off my finger. I love this ring and have worn it for more than 20 years.

The day after Christmas I purchased a ring CHEAP at 70 % off sale and hated it. THIN silver.
(weight loss must cause brain cell loss also, because I forgot to take a photo of the ugly, thin ring, plus WHY did I buy something I don't like???)


Google research revealed the need for the silver to be ..925 Sterling. HELOOOO Amazon!

YAY! I had so many to choose from, all very similar, it took me DAYS to decide.

YAY! again, when it came it was exactly as pictured and I LOVE IT! 

YAY! the old one fits  3 other fingers....

Those of you who know me well, know that I can't take ONE photo of anything. Below are a few of the 39 photos I took of the two rings.

YES! it took 73 years to make that many wrinkles. I came close to photo shopping them out, but WHY? Thank goodness I wear clothes to cover all the OTHER wrinkles. Should I wear gloves and the old ring would fit over the glove???? 

Now I wonder why I want to wear a ring and call attention to the wrinkles. Does it really matter if people know I am married?  should I buy an ankle bracelet to point out the varicose veins?



22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The rings are really pretty and look so good on you. Fancy without being overstated. Simple and classic beauty. This must have been such fun. Haven't you had to buy a whole new wardrobe? You are awesome!!! Willpower times 10.

Ann said...

I like the rings. I don't wear any. I'm not allowed to wear my rings at work and just never bothered to put them on when I wasn't there. I bet if I had a band like this I would be allowed to wear it though. Glad you were able to find one just like the old one

Rebecca A. Maynard said...

I also did a WITB and found treasures - photos, cards, playing cards, glasses, etc.
It never ceases to amaze me what I toss into a box, bag, container.fencing for privacy

Rose said...

I do love those rings...both versions!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love both rings. I hope you wear both of them. You are doing great with the weight loss, are you close to your goal weight? Happy Friday, enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

MS what a beautiful first and 2nd wedding band. Is it a love knot design?
We think you have very pretty hands, long fingers and beautiful fingernails. Mom's fingers and fingernails are short. She can't grow nails for very.

Hugs madi and mom

Gayle said...

So nice that you found a replacement to match.
I changed my attitude about the appearance of aging a while back. Probably about the time someone offered to carry something for me and I said 'go for it'. ;) (now to keep them from looking in my window and seeing me moving that piano--haha)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That was great, to find a design so close to the original. I agree with others - very pretty. YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Those rings are gorgeous...a cool Celtic design!! Wrinkles? Pshaw!! I don't like the age spot popping up over night!

Varicose veins? Dang a bracelet wpuld put right up there with those en vogue. And I don't think I'd even know how to SPELL v a r i c o s e

Hootin Anni said...

can't even spell would either.😃

Anonymous said...

I bet you were thrilled when this ring came and you liked it so much. The two look nice together.

Chatty Crone said...

You got one very similar - which is good - I can imagine you like to wear your ring - congrats on the weight loss too. sandie

Breathtaking said...

Lovely Celtic Knot designed rings. They look good together on your long fingers.:)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like these rings. Wear that ring with pride, who cares about a few wrinkles.

DawnTreader said...

When you've been wearing a ring for so long you'd probably miss it, so congratulations on finding a new one that fit and is similar :) It's a very nice ring too. And I don't think it draws attention to your wrinkles - only to itself! I don't normally wear rings at home as I don't find them comfortable in housework etc. I had a special ring made from my mum's engagement+wedding bands soldered together with a third new one that I paid for with my dad's (which were too big for me). I wear this "triple" ring sometimes but not daily.

Lois said...

I like both rings and I never worry about my wrinkles, age spots, or anything else. I'm grateful to be the age I am because many people are denied that luxury.

Linda said...

Good for you!! Your hands are lovely, Sandra!! Not bulky and knubby with arthritis. I think the ring looks beautiful on those long slender fingers. I hate to waste anything so I smiled when you said the other ring fits three of your other fingers! Waste not! Want NOT, Love!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a beautiful ring, and I also think you have very lovely hands!

KB said...

Your attitude rocks! You were so smart to notice the ring getting loose. I didn't notice that my weight loss had shrunk my fingers or that my fingers really shrink in the cold... and I lost my wedding ring one day early this winter. I fear that I'll never find it so I bought a new one... but I wish I had that one that I'd worn for almost three decades.

Your rings are so pretty, and they look beautiful on your hands.

Mevely317 said...

How fortunate to find your ring's (almost) twin! They certainly look custom. I think your hands are lovely, especially your nails. With my ragged, gnawed cuticles/nails, I could serve as a hand model in a horror flick.

Just Mags said...

Wow, sweet Sandra you have done great on your weight loss, congratulations. I love both the rings and happy for you that you were able to find one that fit and is much like the other one you have worn all those years. Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your wedding ring. What a beautiful design.