Sunday, July 1, 2018

Senior Moments?

Every day of my life, I get my OCD self out of bed, potty and then make the bed. NEVER in all my years,  have I forgotten to make the bed. NEVER

I came home from the YMCA Friday morning and walked in the bedroom to do my leg excercises on the bed, and I had pulled up the top sheet and walked out. No spread, no pillows.

Peel, slice, sprinkle with organic cinnamon and 2 packets of Sweet N Low, microwave 5 minutes, stir microwave 4 minutes YUMMMM

After lunch I started to peel apples to cook, the phone rang, it was a scammer leaving a message,

 I stomped over to delete it, saw the Samsung tablet, and thought I want to send something to Mable on FB.

I thought it would be easier on the desktop, and I carried the Tablet in, sat down sent the message, got up and saw the laptop charging, unplugged it, took it to the bedroom, propped on the bed to watch a video I found while sending Mable the message. DOZED for about 30 minutes, woke up and was finishing the video that put me to sleep.

Bob comes to the door and said
"did you get side tracked" I said "Why"  he said you left 2 apples peeled and the rest are still there.


The second time I started peeling the apples, I thought I should tell blogville this story, then I thought, take a photo of the apples Snap etc Snap then I thought they need to know I use organic cinnamon, snap etc etc
Not only did I NOT make the bed, it took me 3 hours to get the apple's peeled and cooked.

Jake cared not one whit!!! whatever a Whit May Be

16 comments:

Terra said...

I can relate to being distracted and starting new things whilst forgetting to do the original thing. Jake has a good handle on things.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Oh Sandra...thanks for the giggles. I cal this "Shiny Thing Syndrome" and it happens to me ALL.THE.TIME!! I start something...see something else I need to do...and then need something to do that...which leads to doing something totally different....and on and on.

Then it's the end of the day and I have started 100 different things and haven't finished any of them...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
Yup, me too! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

I have days like that but you gave me a chuckle and a good idea for those apples, thank you for that.

Linda said...

I’m getting to be the very same way! It’s maddening and makes me crazier than I already am!
I usually make my bed but sometimes I don’t!

Ann Thompson said...

There are so many things that distract us it's easy to do stuff like this. Wade used to always ask me if I had something in the microwave cuz it's beeping

Anonymous said...

I do things like this, too! Cute pic of Jake!

Karen said...

I had one of those mornings last week. You might say I was at my wit's end, but some of what I was doing wasn't worth one whit anyway! (Was that witty? ha ha)

diane b said...

Many of us can relate to that. I'm reading a great book that is called "Brain Rules for Ageing Well" It helps a bit. The problem is"Mindfulness" or being in the present. In other words concentrate on what you are doing and nothing else. (Even tell yourself what you are doing)e.g. "I am making the bed" I do it when I shut the garage roller door." I'm shutting the door." That way I never have to wonder whether I have shut the door when I'm half way down the road. The recipe sounds easy and yummy.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh been there done that. I think it might be a sign of a very over active mind...which is a good thing when you are our age.
LOL
Apples got peeled and cooked and
most of all Jake is does not judge you...such a precious puppy
Hugs Cecilia

Pam said...

I do things like that all the time, worse during a fibro flare but I like to think it is cause we just have way to much going on in our heads, too much to think about. Apparently though yours was not in getting those apples done! haha

eileeninmd said...

I've been there and done this many times. One time I was distracted and left the broiler oven on, after a while we noticed a smell coming from the oven. The cooked apples sounds yummy. Jake looks very relaxed.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am happy to know that someone else does that, at least once in a while.

Mevely317 said...

So glad I'm not the only one! More and more often the only time we 'talk' to Alexa is to ask her to set the timer, or "don't let me forget."
I've got that same Corningware bowl … love it!

KB said...

So, we are both seeing that we are perfectly normal... because I do similar things!!! Crazy... but I see that most of your readers do them too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well getting sidetracked is my middle name!!
I fix the bed first thing too.