Saturday, August 18, 2018

How I found Wikihow... Wow!



Have you ever heard of, or used  wikihow?  If the answer is yes,  why have you not told ME about it.....
 I found it while reading a book about an FBI profiler. She is hunting a killer who is embalming his victims and wants to know how he found out how to do it... When she went to wikihow, I laid down my kindle and came to the computer and NOW we know where to go.
  Here is the link to my new best friend... Wikihow


When I typed, how to embalm a body, it also gave me Three Ways to make a MUMMY... Yowsa!

You can ask How to find a boyfriend, or a husband? Any question. I tried repair a washer, jump start a battery... feed your dog... it has an answer for everything. Remember, if you read it on the WWW it might not be true. HA HA.. JUST SAYIN

In the same book I found the answer to Bob's comments every now and then about the first cup of coffee in the early AM.

Once in a while with the first cup he says..." The Coffee if Really Strong today.."

I comment.." I don't know why, I put the same amount of water and coffee every day"

... INSIDE My head I am sneering.... IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT MAKE IT YOURSELF, since you have never made a pot of coffee in 34 years....  it gets a little tiring, but I digress, as usual.

The heroine of the book, is thinking to herself . (I love reading because we can here their thoughts)
"I need really strong coffee today, I will use TWO filters'.... AHA!!!!  moment!

Once in a while the filters are stuck and I get tired of fighting with them and put TWO filters in the coffee maker, rather than say the words the filters are causing me to think. THUS making Stronger Coffee with the same amount of water and coffee, just so Bob can say..... "the coffee is really strong today"
Thank you Myra for posting about the book you were reading, A Killers Mind, (Zoe Bentley Book 1) author Mike Omer.   If you are Prime Kindle Unlimited it is there, or you can buy it on Amazon. OR YOU CAN ASK Wikihow where to find it... brahahaha I asked and came up with this..
How To enjoy reading a BOOK... Click here if you want to know


17 comments:

diane b said...

The wonders of the internet!!

Linda said...

I hope you know how wonderful CRAZY you are and what a shot of fun you give us all in your every post!!!

Karen said...

I did not know about Wikihow. Good to know!

Ann Thompson said...

I have heard of Wikihow but have never used it. The internet is awesome with its endless supply if how tos. How did we ever survive all those years of having to go to a library to look something up.
My brain is having a hard time understanding how two filters could make the coffee stronger. It seems to me that it would be weaker.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I did not know about wikihow. The internet has too much information.
I will see if my library has The Zoe Bentley Book. I am always fighting with the filters too, I like my coffee strong. Enjoy your day!

From the Kitchen said...

You asked how to embalm a body? If the FBI hasn't already picked you up, they probably will soon!!

Best,
Bonnie

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL Wikihow. Now that is a new one on us too. Mom says thanks for telling her about the embedded and pop up comment fix.
Hugs madi

Gayle said...

When I 'google' a question Wiki-how is often one of the go too sites. Sometimes I ask a curiosity question and wonder if I will be tagged as someone to keep an eye on, hmm
Enjoy your latest go to source even is Bob's eyes glaze over with all your new found knowledge. ;)

Mevely317 said...

Color me, EMBARRASSED! I never even paid attention to that WikiHow reference while reading. Must check it out! A.I. is sure turning me into a dummy. The other day I wanted to know what 1/4 of something was … rather than work it out on paper, I just asked Alexa.

Like Ann wrote, I've having trouble wrapping my mind around two filters = stronger. I, too, thought it would make the brew weaker.

Hootin Anni said...

Incredibly interesting! I would've never known about doubling up on coffee filters...I don't drink coffee. Bud makes it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've come across it a few times when I'm doing a search for something. It is great information. I think I will start following them on Facebook or get their emails!

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you I am going to check it out!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Really good and usable things here today, plus you are funny as well! I have heard more then once of WikiHow, but never went to it. NOW I will be looking all over it. For example, Phil needs to fix a contact on our lamp, he thinks he can file it. I have sent him in to look it up on WikiHow. I read this all to him because...well, it's embarrassing. I could not figure out how 2 filters would make coffee stronger. I figured it would be more paper to go through, and would make it weaker. He patiently explained it to me. It is beyond me how you can give us really funny info, plus be so funny! One of your best. I am so glad you are Mad.

Inger said...

You have landed at the MOST PERFECT PLACE for you on the Internet! Wowseee, indeed!!!!

photowannabe said...

I'm drinking not so strong coffee today..not so good either....
Love your inquiring mind.
If we wonder what happened to Bob...we'll know you know 3 ways to embalm....HaHa
I guess the internet is quite amazing.....

DeniseinVA said...

I seem to have heard about Wiki everything else but not this one. Thanks for passing that on. Other half doesn’t like coffee, neither do his two siblings. I love a cup of good strong coffee :)

DawnTreader said...

I've come across WikiHow but don't remember in what context. I'm totally with Ginny in her comment, because 1/ I have a lamp or two that need fixing, and 2/ the coffee thing puzzled me as well. But then I don't ever drink coffee... ;)