Monday, January 21, 2019

Pantophobia


More of the Christmas Day Selfies by waving at my cell phone. My son had no idea what he was doing when he told me why his selfies look better than mine.  My arms are not long enough, but I can wave at the phone.

Charlie Brown on Phobias.

Lucy Van Pelt: Are you afraid of responsibility? If you are, then you have hypengyophobia.
Charlie Brown: I don't think that's quite it.
Lucy Van Pelt: How about cats? If you're afraid of cats, you have ailurophasia.
Charlie Brown: Well, sort of, but I'm not sure.
Lucy Van Pelt: Are you afraid of staircases? If you are, then you have climacaphobia. Maybe you have thalassophobia. This is fear of the ocean, or gephyrobia, which is the fear of crossing bridges. Or maybe you have pantophobia. Do you think you have pantophobia?
Charlie Brown: What's pantophobia?
Lucy Van Pelt: The fear of everything.
Charlie Brown: THAT'S IT! Fear of everything.

I am not sure how or where I found the above conversation, but it has answered my FEARS about my FEARS....
I suffer from Pantophobia!!!!   I am the MadSnapper of Henny Penny-it is...If the sky can fall it will.

What is Pantophobia? Pantophobia is the fear of everything. The origin of the word pant is Greek (meaning every) and phobia is Greek (meaning fear)
This is my short list of 3 Fears that have been with me since as far back as I can remember.

Fear of DARK
Claustrophobia EXTREME. Includes being contained in any way. I can't read a book or watch a movie where someone is trapped.
Heights and WATER as in large bodies.

The longer list include anything my mind can come up with. Kids in trees will fall, Toddlers and dogs running free in front yards will run out in front of cars. Men climbing ladders will break their ribs when it turns over. (Bob did this)
you are getting my drift. Driving on interstates, riding with others on interstates, high speeds. I see the danger in everything. I don't want to and at least now I know what I have a fear of is only one word. Pantophobia.
At least I have no fear of cameras, but should I?






17 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
No, for pity's sake don't add that to the list - where would we be without such glorious shots as these phone selfies??? YAM xx

Ginny Hartzler said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! And so are you, you are beautiful! And you have rainbows all around you! I have begun to be very scared of interstates. All the semis and the speed. I avoid it at all costs, even going way out of our way if needed.

Ann said...

Wonderful pictures. Those middle ones in the top set are very cool with the sun rays. It looks like you have a rainbow wreath around you.
NO, you should not have a fear of cameras. If by chance you should develop one though, you can still keep blogging with puns.

My Mind's Eye said...

Bravo bravo bravo just when I think your fun puns and post can't possible get any better they do
When I was a child my mama's favorite scary line was, stop doing that before you fall and bust your chin wide open. I cannot tell you the mental images that gave me...really your chin is small if you bust it wide open surely your teeth and tongue will fall out
Hugs Cecilia

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love these images of you and the Powder puff blooms. The fear of everything scares me. It is not good to let fear take over. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Lois said...

Wonderful photos! I don't take selfies at all, but my daughter is a selfie queen.

Rose said...

Maybe have a fear that you won't have a camera, or you will break your camera, then what would you do!!!! LOL I know you probably have several and would just go by another if you didn't.

photowannabe said...

Good morning dear friend.
I love your selfies and you look stunning in them.
Your comment on my blog made me sad that there were no fond memories of school. I would sure love to be there to give you a hug.
Fear can be consuming but I guess we all have fears to some extent.
I really don't like heights, especially but I try to push through it.
Not fond of interstates either. When I think of riding in the car in Kenya...boy sure not like our roads.
The signs and car horn are just a suggestion not the law...my toes curled at times...
Actually the same in Mexico and Haiti. Lots of times I just closed my eyes and prayed a whole bunch!

Mevely317 said...

Super selfies … I love your smile! (My favorite is the top left, first collage.)
Now I'm convinced we're kin. I don't go around exhibiting my fears, but the "what-if's" are always there, lurking beneath the surface. If a friend or loved one is 5 minutes late, I have them lying unconscious (or dead) on the side of some highway; when I'm forced to fly I worry that one of the airplane's mechanics might be more concerned with the fight he had with his wife the night before … or be too hungover to notice something amiss. It goes on and on ….

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I can understand some of your fears...and as I get older, I become more afraid. I do try to overcome them tho...and will do things that scare me, just so I can gain confidence.

Hootin Anni said...

A fear of fear itself. Hmmmm

LOVE your selfies!! I really do.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love your pictures. I have tried to take a selfie or two, but they always look awful. I would much rather be the one taking the pictures, than to have my picture taken.

Chatty Crone said...

Don't get afraid of cameras! I do have some fears myself. I also think that when I was young I was never afraid of driving - now going downtown to where are my doctors are - is beginning to shake me.

DeniseinVA said...

Hi pretty lady, your selfies show a beautiful person and your posts show a lady with a wonderful sense of humor. Thank you for the continued chuckles in 2019.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I love you photos but was not aware that you have so many fears. I cannot imagine a day full of fears though Stress in past years gave me panic attacks that I began to fear. Now I just let them pass using an allergy med that calms things right down. You sure do look very good and what an unsuspecting Christmas Day activity.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! Wouldn't we all love to be sitting outside in your chairs discussing our phobias! hahaha! I'll go first! lol Hugs!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the photos! I haven't tried the selfies yet. I can definitely relate to your Pantophobia!