Saturday, March 16, 2019

THIS is ME, As I AM.

My test results
My apologies for this long post... I am putting this here as a letter to myself, to read when I feel so different.

Have you ever been reading a fictional story and read parts that gave you instant insight into something you had pondered in the past? I do that a lot.

This past week I found ME described in one paragraph.. I have always been 'different' and never could explain how or why. By different I mean, not the average female. More like a male than a female.


"Jo had never been good with kids and make believe games, even when she was a young girl.
Jo's parents, both scientists, often said her double dose of analytical genes had made her that way.
they used to joke about how she'd come out of the womb, with an intent frown on her face, as if she were formulating hypotheses about where she was and who all the people in the delivery room were."
             
         Quote from the book,  Where the forest meets the stars by Glendy Vanderah

When I read this quote, I began to THINK about ME.... the reason I see the world through different eyes. I am Analytic, Logical and rational to the nth degree... Like the woman in the book, I came out of the womb asking who are you and why are you here...

I asked the who, why, what, when, I see the If I do this, This will happen or not happen. I reason my way through every decision and thought. I am also a person who must be in control. Also am disposed to take action and analyze, analyze to see what action must be taken.

most of my fears are because they are Out Of My Control....

I can't stand to be told what to do, or not to do. because my logic tells me what it is I should do and that is what I am going to do....

I think with my personality and being born to a father much like me, the fact he raised me by trying to control me my whole life, it enhanced what I was born with.

The UPSHOT of this is I went investigoogling and found this SITE  I read and read and clicked and clicked, found there are Four Temperaments: Sanguine, Phlegmatic, Choleric, and Melancholic .
I took a test, and found I am Choleric by 60 percent and Melancholic 40 percent.

This has answered so many questions for me... I was either born this way or nurtured this way, but whichever it is, I am what I am.... I AM

ESTJ....it fits me like a glove. These snips are from Phschologia.co and the links are here to their sight. I don't trust everything I read, but this is ME and now I know who I am .

I have often said I am more like a male than a female. This site said only 12 % of people have this personality type and the vast majority are male.  





16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow!! So many people nowadays are trying to "find" themselves. But you have always known who you are, and have only had that confirmed now. I took the test of the Four Temperaments. Turned out I have a pretty even mixture, but am mostly Phlegmatic. All SO interesting!!

Hootin Anni said...

Will take this test & see. I know I have many male traits & working with mental health doctors for years I know I was born that way but influenced by my surroundings that either swayed me one way or another. My female traits are deeply hidden, but the "soft side" is there. My general psyche is "what's gonna happen WILL happen, no use of analyzing it."

This post was so interesting.

Ann said...

Very interesting. I'll go see what it says about me. I like doing things like this basicly to see if I agree with what they say.

Jo said...

Oh wow, Sandra. I am melancholic which I didn't believe at first (thinking weepy, morose person which is not me) BUT:

Melancholic Personality Traits – Patient, Orderly and Attentive: Men and women with melancholic personality share many traits – they tend to be loyal to their family and friends and extremely careful. Respectability and moral issues are particularly important to them; they definitely prefer to follow typical “norms” of society and family traditions.Melancholic personality traits are associated with serotonin, which suppresses aggressive tendencies.

I see it is me!

Thanks for this post!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
We have much in common - in fact, taking the basic tests you link to, (which I have done several times both for myself and by demands of profession). Currently, I measure 1/0/5/2 and therefore come out also as ESTJ. However, as a therapist, I also had to learn to administer such tests and know full well that they do not convey the deeper picture. There is much in this 'sketch' which does not apply to me. For that, it is best to click through to the TRUITY PROFILER. Even their free report is much more accurate than the one above (I'll share mine in an upcoming post at Wild Yam!) and for the really keen, the cost is quite reasonable for the full in-depth option.

I think you will find that a lot of we women have had a sense of not necessarily fitting the mould of society - the question is more whether we make the efforts to do so or not. I didn't - despite that '2' measurement. I despise stereotyping. However, I also accept that there are things which are hardwired into us and there is a role for a level of tradition when it comes to cultural matters. There are a great many women who thrive on logic and practicality (perceived as masculine traits). It is only society that has dictated until now that this dominance belongs to the male gender. In another hundred years (maybe less) this "12% and mostly men" will have been modified significantly. If not, then the profiling is as guilty as society at setting the stereotype... YAM xx

Rose said...

I am going to check out that site later and also the profilervone mentioned in a comment. Every time I take any test on line where they ask questions, they nevervhave an answer that fits whatvi thinknor would do.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is very interesting! I have to take this test and get back with my comment.
Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Wow I make quick decisions but am, by no means analytical.
I must check this site later
Hugs Cecilia

Pam said...

My personality is very different also, esp in how I handle things. Gotta jump over and see what it says about me. Answer to your question on my blog...Nope still at moms but moving a tad over today to my house, and going in a bit to get the downstairs cleaned up, things put away and my hope is to move the dogs over tomorrow.

Chatty Crone said...

That is a great test - I am very familiar with it. I have what I am downstairs written down but I start with an I. Interesting. Did Bob do it? I'll write a note to get it when I go downstairs.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I got a 1 - 4 - 1 - 2
PHLEGMATIC
That was an interesting test although some of the answers to the questions didn't quite relate to how I feel but I had to check one of them regardless.

photowannabe said...

Well I was a 0 and a 7 on phlegmatic and 1 on Choleric and last on 0.
Its pretty much who I am but some questions were hard to choose so maybe that's why I got the 1 in Choleric.
I haven't taken one of those tests for many years.
I think that test answer for you was right on...
Good stuff, Sandra.

Mevely317 said...

First and foremost, I LOVE learning more about my friend … and your personal insights. I, too, am a control freak. Unfortunately, that goes hand-in-hand with a big yellow streak down my back … so I internalize. I can't recall ever having a piece of literature jump out at me, but when blog friend Jon describes his psyche it's chilling; like twins separated at birth.

OK, I just took the test. #1 melancholic, then phlegmatic, followed closely by sanguine -- then far, far behind 0% chloleric. Funny, I was ISFJ-T (DEFENDER) last year; and whadya know, same thing when I took the test just now.

Fun post!!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure why people take these little quiz and test. But for someone odd reason I like take them. I thought by per senior I might have my self figured out.
Every month I take some my blog post and run them though personality insight.

Coffee is on

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Very interesting post. I learned in teaching there are four types of learners and depending on what type the teacher is will affect how she or he reaches out to be successful in her teachings to 3 of 4 groups. One will always remain a challenge . My solution to this was once I taught a lesson and figured out who comptrended me and who did not, I set up peer teaching groups as students can quickly pass on to others when well matched. It was amazingly successful. No one ever had to feel dumb because the lesson made no sense at first.
I too feel different from the norm to this day. But I learned about my character type long ago and finding other like minded people is still a challenge. I tend to be a loner at various times in my life.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is SO interesting....I'm going back to read some more! Hugs!