Sunday, April 14, 2019

NoMoRoBo



One week ago, we received 11 Robo Calls, 5 in one hour. I went to our Cable Provider Web site and now NoMoRoBo calls.
Below is the email I received from Spectrum. WOOO HOOOO! and the Prescription reminders came through fine... it only stops the BAD ones

THEY ARE GONE!!!!!


Thanks for signing up with Nomorobo on Spectrum (Formerly Time Warner).

We've stopped over 1 billion robocalls from reaching American consumers like you. We're doing our best to make sure that no one has to deal with this annoyance ever again.

Here are some things you should know:
When a robocaller calls, you'll hear a single ring and then it will stop. As a general rule, wait for your phone to ring at least two times before you answer it. If your phone rings once and then stops, you know Nomorobo just blocked a robocaller for you! Legal robocalls, like prescription reminders and school closing, are always allowed through. We don't block the automated calls that you want to get. In case a robocaller gets through Nomorobo's defense system, please report it in your control panel. This makes the system better for everyone.



If you have any other questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them! Just hit reply and we'll get back to you.

Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Sincerely,

The Nomorobo Team

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So this is something we can get, not just a Florida thing? Maybe I would have to have your web provider or something like that. Great news for you!!!

Rose said...

Yep, I have had it for a long time...also, on our phone we can block numbers. I do that on both house phone and cell phone.

Hootin Anni said...

Thank godness we (knock wood) don't have that problem. First off, I have custom ringtones for family, RX, doctors. That way when the phone rings & it's the default ringtone I don't answer. Then, I block the number ... our phone carrier is great for blocking unwanted calls.

Ps...get well!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning,

I do not answer my phone unless I recognize the phone number. If it is something important they can leave a message. I have block many numbers from unwanted callers. Enjoy your day!

Gayle said...

I will check that one out.
Sounds like many are dealing with same pain in the neck. We have a LAN line and I have checked on some of the 'fixes' available but haven't found one to fit our needs yet.
Most recently I changed my message to say 'please leave a message after the tone; no donations or solicitations over the phone.'
It seems to be working. Most hang-up before the message completes. But that doesn't eliminate the ringing ringing ringing when they first call.

My Mind's Eye said...

That service alone would make me consider switching to Spectrum phones....however my email is connected to AT&T...if I switched providers it would take FUREVER to notify all.

I expect I could check with AT&T to see if they have a robo terminator.

Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Props to Spectrum and the NoMoRoBo team! Unless it's a number I recognize, my phone isn't getting answered … but Tom is the original curious cat. Makes me so mad, because he doesn't/won't understand that every time he answers, someone/somewhere is noting that and sharing his number with the rest of the trolls. I'm going to see if Verizon doesn't offer something like this.

Pam said...

I know longer have a landline, I only kept it cause mom would call me on it, oh yeah, and I used it to call my cell when I could not locate where I laid it! haha....As for your comment on the animal blog, I must have been mistaken about animals laying on the floor! haha

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Thank you for posting this, Robocalls drive us up the wall daily …
We have just subscribed to Spectrum voice, and activated the Nomorobo, and hopefully they'll be less of these annoying calls.
Hope you are having a great weekend !
~Jo

Betty Manousos said...

i do not answer my phone unless i recognize the phone number. then i block all those unrecognizable numbers.

enjoy you day and have a great week ahead!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't get that many. But someone else got a robo call with our number. Now that got my heckles fired up.
Coffee is on

Ann Thompson said...

I wonder if this will stop the annoying calls I've been getting from Spectrum

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yeah for you, Sandra. Thankfully, we don't seem to get any calls on our home phone which has a built in filter...now on the cell phones it's another matter so I block them and forget about it. Also do NOT pick up any that I do not recognize as being in our contacts list.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, that's pretty awesome!